Chapter 16 - Who's The New Student?

Dahyun POV

"Please take out your books and answer the activity on page 36" the professor said as we all took out our text books.

"Mitang, do you have your text book?" I heard Sana asked Mina since they're sitting in front of me.

"I have mine, should we shar---"

"Those who don't have their books, please do 10 push ups here in front. I already informed you that it is a requirement to always have your books in my subject" the professor said as I saw Sana bit her lip in frustration, her eyes filled with worry.

"Momoring, Mitang---"

"Miss Sana, please refrain from talking to your seatmates and do the activity" the professor sat down on his chair and roamed his eyes around the classroom to see if everyone has their books.

The professor was kind of rude to talk to Sana that way but since he's just a new professor, he's probably not informed about who Sana is. Despite being the daughter of Mr. Minatozaki who's the owner of this school, I admire how Sana still chose to be humble and respectful to the professors and other school staff. 

She knows she has the power to fire the professor or expel some students but she chose to lie low and act as an average student. I saw Sana started to nervously shift on her sit as the professor was busy scanning the other side. I looked down at the book on my table, hesitating if I should do what my mind is telling me.

Should I give this to her? Releasing a sigh, I removed my name from the book and took a glance at the professor to see that he was still not looking in our direction.

I acted like a dropped my pen in front of me and crouched down to pick it up with the book in my other hand. I quickly check if anyone was looking at me before I swiftly placed the book under Sana's chair. I went back to my seat and immediately fixed myself before the professor could see me.

I glanced at Tzuyu's to know if she's glaring at me like she always do but to my surprise she wasn't looking at me or at Sana but instead, she was looking at Momo's direction with eyes full of adoration. Come to think of it, when she came back to the University and found out about Sana offering me a ride home, she didn't even bully me or get mad at me.

Weird

The professor was now scanning our side and that's when he noticed Sana was nervously fiddling with her fingers.

"Miss Sana, may I ask where is your book?" The prof asked as I saw Sana gulped.

"Sir, I---"

"Miss Sana, your book is just under your chair please pick it up and do the given task" the professor said as I saw a hint of confusion on Sana's face before picking up the book under the chair.

"Sir, I think this is---"

"Miss Dahyun, where is your book?" Sana was cut off when the professor asked me about something. I gulped as I look up to meet the cold eyes of the professor.

"Sir, I--uhm" I couldn't possibly say that I gave my book to Sana so she wouldn't get punished right? It would only make the students hate me more although Sana gave them a warning not to say mean things to me again by embarrassing that one girl before. 

"You forgot your book?" the professor asked as I slowly nodded before looking down since I can feel everyone's eyes were on me including Sana's. I can hear some footsteps coming towards me to which I assume was the professor's as I kept my head hung low. I thought he was ready to scold me but to my surprise, he placed his book on my table which caused me to instantly look at him.

"Use that as a guide and answer on a separate sheet of paper. You're lucky I know you as someone who has high grades or else I would have scolded you for being irresponsible." he said as I nodded my head and thanked him.