The Promise {unedited}

Ziya's POV

"You're Majesty...you're Majesty," Angelica called out.

I have successfully been avoiding her since this morning. Her complaints about my lack of self care has increased as each day goes by. I can feel the headaches of being lectured once more gnawing at my brain.

And it doesn't help much that she has now teamed up with Darius. Once she got wind that I was willing to listen to his request, she has made him out to be her errand boy. He insist on having all his meals with me and checks in on my health more than what's necessary.

  Once I was sure that she was no longer in the halls, I slipped around the corner and made my way towards the training field. For what looked like miles, squadrons were spread out far and wide completing their training regimens. From running on ground that has been turned to sand, to sparring with partners, and combined spell casting—it seemed like quite the eventual day.

  From the sidelines, I could see members from my squad going around and fixing postures and lending advice. From what I could tell, their authority didn't meet much opposition and their instructions were well received.

I walked further along, and observed the different squads training. One man in particular caught my eye; Darius stood tall and imposing—his upper body was exposed, and his chiseled back was facing me. I stood fixated, making sure to hide slightly behind a pillar. Every time he moved, his back muscles would flex, and I couldn't help that my eyes were practically glued to him.

  I don't know why I was hiding myself, it wasn't like I was doing anything wrong. I was only looking, respectfully. I was brought back to reality when I heard a not so subtle cough behind me. When I turned around, I could see Lady Diligitis looking at me with a small smirk and Lady Rosalind stared at me with a knowing gaze. I felt like a child who has just been caught stealing cookies from a jar.

"Aht aht, I know what you're thinking, and before you say anything, I was simply admiring...the flowers," I said dumbly.

"Ahh...did you hear that Lady Rosalind, Our Queen was simply admiring...the flowers," Lady Diligitis said.

"Yes, and what a lovely flower it is, I've never seen a flower so tall and imposing. Have you?" Lady Rosalind asked.

"No, I don't think I have...they don't bloom like those now-a-days," Lady Diligitis laughed.

"Okay, okay; I get it now, the two of you can stop teasing now," I snapped.

"Whatever do you mean your Highness? We were simply talking about the flowers in bloom," Lady Rosalind said.

  The two of them broke out into a fit of giggles after seeing my unamused face.

"You can't blame us for teasing, you have never shown interest in other men and now you're practically ogling that one in broad daylight," Lady Rosalind commented.

It wasn't like I was uninterested in other men per say, I was simply busy all the time. I didn't give myself the chance to notice other people.

"Okay, moving on," Lady Diligitis clapped. "How are things going with training?," Lady Diligitis asked.

Although, both the Lord and Lady couples are in charge of their own squadrons, they both didn't necessarily help with training. Instead their skills were used in ways that would better suit them; for example, Lady Diligitis could hold her own in a fight, but I wouldn't say she was capable of teaching others how to fight. Instead her skills would be used to teach the mages and healers in the group different spells and incantations that would temporarily immobilize their enemies.

Her husband, was currently out on the field now teaching warriors proper fighting techniques that would better suit their skills.