Prologue {part. 3}

Shutter Island- Jesse Ryez

~~~~~~~~~~~

"I wonder where my little Ziya could be, I mean I've looked practically everywhere, and I still cannot find her," Queen Isabella sighed in fake exasperation.

A tiny giggle could be heard behind the king's throne.

"Oh nurse did you hear that, I could have sworn I heard someone laughing," the Queen asked the petite red-head beside her.

"I'm afraid I heard it too your majesty, I believe it came from behind the throne," the nurse said with a wide smile.

"I think you are right," the Queen replied quietly.

Slowly the Queen stalked around the throne to see a tiny little mass of wool-like curly black hair. Stealthily she grabbed the little girl from behind and tickled her sides. The tiny girl shrieked in both joy and excitement. She managed to escape and was running around in the thrown room, trying to escape the older woman. But unfortunately she was no match for her and was snatched from behind and lifted into the air. Both of their laughters filled the room like a soft melody.

"Ahem," came a voice from the doorway.

Queen Isabella turned around to see her husband King Liam and his company Lord and Lady Vinum. The couple stood there fairly amused with the scene before them, except for King Liam. Instead he wore a frown, and his body language showed disapproval and even a hint of disgust.

"Lord and Lady Vinum what a pleasure to have you here," Queen Isabella said brightly.

"It is an honor to be here my Queen," said Lord Vinum .

"I'm sorry to interrupt this little reunion, but do you mind if I speak to my wife in privacy," King Liam said through strained teeth.

"Of course, my King," Lord Vinum said. Not seeming to catch the underlying aggression in the King's voice.

The King beckoned for the Queen to follow him without Ziya, and she followed. Alone in the hallway Liam was finally able to release his anger.

"Why do you constantly insist on embarrassing me?" Liam questioned.

"I wasn't trying to embarrass you, I didn't even realize that you were going to occupy the throne room," Isabella said calmly. She has dealt with his childish outbursts time and time again, since Ziya's birth. She knew how to deal with him.

"See now why don't I believe you, my goodness Isabella you can be so daft at times ," Liam said harshly.

"I am not daft Liam," Isabella's temper flaring.

"You better watch your tone, you're the fücking Queen act like it," he said venomously.

"And you are a father, act like one. Not once have I ever seen you interact with Ziya , every time she's even near you, you always have a sour look on your face. And Liam I'm sick of it, she barely even knows you, and hardly ever sees you. And whenever she does she's scared out of her mind, no daughter should ever be afraid of her own father," Isabella's tone had raised as she continued with her rant." Im tired of you not being there for your own daughter, I'm tired of your endless mopping around and unnecessary outbursts!" Isabella turned to leave, but didn't get very far.

King Liam had grabbed her arm and slammed her against the nearest wall present.

"You sure have a lot of nerve speaking to me like that," he seethed. "I want you to listen in case you forgotten, I am the King of this land I rule all people including you. That means you will do as I say when I say it. You will never disrespect me like you did before do you hear me?," Liam said, his voice dangerously low.