Raiders {part.2}

Streetcar-Daniel Caesar

~~~~~~~~~

The next morning I grabbed Ethan and brought him downstairs, with him my arms we made our way to the kitchen where breakfast was being prepared. Ethan sat on the counter and I helped him fix up a plate. Apparently he really liked bacon and only ate his eggs scrambled. In walked in Lord and Lady Diligitis, the mood in the kitchen was pretty somber, but just like yesterday when Margot saw Ethan she immediately brightened up.

"Hello their pretty boy, how are you doing this morning," Margot cooed.

Lord Diligitis or George, looked at Ethan and smiled. They both were taking a real liking towards Ethan, and him to them.

"Hello buddy, what's your name?," George asked.

"Ethan," he said quietly.

"Well it is very nice to meet you," George said.

"George can I talk to you in the hallway please," I asked.

"Of course Ziya, excuse me for a minute," he told Ethan.

We walked to the hallway together and made sure no one was around.

"How bad was it?," I started with.

"Well nothing we can't fix, volunteers are coming from all over the kingdom by the end of this month we would have rebuilt all the homes. The library however is another thing all of the books were burned. But luckily some of them were salvaged, a bit charred but still readable. It will take a while to refill all the shelves, but it can be done," he sighed. "I just don't understand why. Why now? After everything," he said frustrated.

I understood how he felt, something like this has never happened before. Only when my father was in rule did raids occur normally from the other kingdoms. But we've made peace with them, I just don't know.

"Don't worry we'll have our answers, our best trackers are going to find the men," I said.

He only nodded his head and we fell into silence, each of us lost in our own thoughts. I walked back into the kitchen to see Margot talking with Ethan, it really was a beautiful sight.

"Okay buddy it's time to go find your parents," I said.

Ethan got up from the stool and walked towards me, linking hands. I almost could have sworn I saw a look of disappointment in Margot's face.

"Have fun you two," she said solemnly.

Together Ethan and I walked through the town to find his burned down home. It was a depressing sight really, and it obviously upset him so I picked him up and shielded him from it. I walked through the town asking for his parents. Finally I saw a middle aged man across the street so I approached him.

"Hello I'm sorry for bothering you, but do you have any idea where his parents are?," I questioned.

The man's eyes widened in shock.

"Your majesty, it's an honor to meet you," he said. I could only smile, when he looked at Ethan he looked almost sorrowful. "And yes I know his parents, t-they were kïlled in the fire trying to protect Ethan. Good people they were only thought of him and his happiness," he said quietly.

In my arms I could feel Ethan's tears running down my shoulder and his trembling body. My heart broke for him, and all I wanted to do was hold him.

"Well thank you for your help," I said.

I held onto Ethan as he cried, and I felt a boiling rage sweep throughout my entire body. The raiders would pay for causing so much pain. With Ethan in my arms, we walked back to the Diligitis's home.