Safe Travels {part.2}

Freudian- Daniel Caesar.

~~~~~~~~

Four Days Later.....

  I had forgotten how fun it was to be around Fergus, his boisterous and joyful personality was contagious. He told stories mostly about himself which I greatly enjoyed, and when he said something funny he would let out a hearty laugh that would shake the carriage. They were even a few times where Fergus would laugh himself into tears. He eased my stress whether he knew it or not.

  "Okay lassy ere's anoter one, so ere I was running fer me life when two gigantic men came from nohair swingin their axes round like mad men. I let out me battle cry and took em both down. But look at the scar they left me," he lifted the sleeve to his long sleeve and sure enough a thick pale white scar ran from his mid bicep and up. I let out a gasp. "Don't werry about me mi lady should have seen how I left em," Fergus laughed smiling broadly.

  "Fergus your stories will never cease to amaze me you know," I said in awe.

  "Aww thanks lassy," he said.

  We were riding out to our third stop which would be a few miles outside of the Kingdom, and this would be the first time I left Asgard. When repairing the alliances with the two other Kingdoms I invited them here. I've never so much as stepped a foot out of my homeland. Fergus and the rest of the Lords and Ladies have gone to the other Lands as representatives on behalf of my father. He believed it was beneath him to visit other Kingdoms, his arrogance is what put a rift between us and them. But my mother always went along, and I believe that is why we  never had to go to war.

  It was mid afternoon now and the sun was hovering just above the mountain tops, but in less then an hour they would hide behind those hills. And it would be complete darkness after that.

  "My Queen we will be arriving at the border in a short while, twenty minutes at most," Harold said.

  "Thank you," I said.

  Closer and closer we approached the boarder lines, surrounded by a protective force field that kept the people in it safe. We were stopped by guards and they were left in a stupor upon realizing who was in the carriage. Malcom had already spread the word on where I was to journey to, I received boatloads of letters begging me to stay within the next hour. I was truly tempted to, but as a leader you must take charge and do things that may scare you. Words that my mother would tell me as a child.

   The guards hesitated to open the gates, but the look Fergus gave them persuaded them easily.

  "Be safe my Queen," one of the guards said. I nodded my head and we continued on.

  When we passed the border line a cold feeling washed over my body and I shivered. It was then I realized how warm it was in Asgard, outside it was just lukewarm. As we moved further and further away the more sick I felt.

  "Okay now lassy let me fill ya in on a few things. Afisa is known as the kingdom of the wolves. There everywhere. Friendly some of em, not all. The royals there have there own wolf, picked em out when they were young ins. They have these inseparable bonds with their wolves so don't mess with em," he paused for a moment to see if I was following along. I was, freaking wolves how cool was that. "Afisa and Asgard we don't get along, and this was way before yer father. It just happened to get worse over time. I don't know why and don't care to know. And if I were you I wouldn't ask either," he looked at me pointedly. Hinting at my overly curious personality.

  "Believe me Fergus I'm not going to say or do anything that will start a war. Even if it means I have so shut my mouth for the next 3 weeks," I said.