Home {part.2}

Wait a minute- Willow Smith

~~~~~~~~

  The next morning consisted of dragging my tired body out of the bed and into the shower. I wore a black slip dress with my dainty gold jewelry, and my hair was fashioned in a poof on top of my head. I made my way to the dining hall where I ate my breakfast alone like always. I walked silently to my studies to continue the work I had started last night. The hours flew by and I ate all the food that was placed in front of me. I've been working on that, the council has been on my case lately about how I don't look out for myself. To me it sounded like they just found reason to nag me again, something that they are very good at.

  There was a knock on my door and I said to come in even though I was focused on my work.

  "You majesty, would you like to take a walk outside, you've been in here for an awfully long time," Angelica asked.

  "What are you talking about I've only been here for like an hour maybe less," I exclaimed.

  "Your majesty it has been six hours since you have left your studies," she countered.

  My eyes looked at the clock to see that it was four in the afternoon.

  "Oh I guess it really has been six hours, well I guess I'll take you up on your offer,"I said.

  Rising from my chair I went to stretch, I heard a distinctive cracking of a bone. It was as clear as day that it was me, I could only manage a sheepish smile.

"Guess my old limbs do need to get a little stretch," I chuckled to myself.

Angelica however didn't find the joke all that funny. Instead she had worry lines creasing her face, and she looked like she wanted to lecture me. But she still kept quiet and moved to the side so I could follow her out the door. Two guards flanked closely behind us when we left the castle and made our way to the garden.

Angelica wasn't much of talker, she preferred comfortable silences and kept to herself often. So I was left to fill the silence with my thoughts.

The air was a bit breezy, but the sun was warm enough so that I didn't need a jacket.The garden was filled with all of my mothers favorite flowers. Anything you could think of daisies, pansies, and roses of all different colors crowed the place. Fruit trees and bushes also cluttered the back of the castle, and in the center of it all was an oak tree. It stood mighty and tall amongst the garden and looked over everything as if it were a guardian. Under it was a wooden swing and a stone bench off to the side. Angelica and I sat together with the guards standing a few feet off to the side. After a moment of silence, Angelica spoke up.

"Your majesty I'm worried about you," Angelica said softly.

"Why?," I asked.

"Well for one thing you are a twenty two year old woman and your back is cracking like an old woman," she said.

"That is perfectly normal, sometimes your body acts way differently than your age. It's basically science," I reasoned.

I looked over at the guards for some support, but the immediately looked anywhere but at me and started whistling.

Thanks for the support guys really convincing argument you had there, you really told her.

"Your majesty, I'm being serious right now, you can't keep on overworking yourself like this. Sooner or later you're going to get hurt from all this stress. So do me and the kingdom a favor and take a break, if you haven't noticed everyone is doing fine. More than fine actually, we're flourishing right now you've done more than enough," Angelica said.