Chapter 1 -Back Home 🖤

Winter (P.O.V)

As I pulled my luggage to the exit the door open and I immediately smiled as the chilled air hit my face and breathe in the smell of rain. It felt good to be back home the place I hated leaving the most. It only took a couple of seconds looking around to find my dad standing by his police cruiser in his uniform.

"Daddy". I called out getting his attention. He looked in my direction smiling I immediately rushed towards him completely forgetting about my suitcase.

Within seconds I was in my dad's arms hugging him tightly taking in his scent that I always missed when I had to go back to Phoenix. "I've missed you so much dad". I muttered into his chest.

"I've missed you too raindrop. It's good to finally have you home permanently". Dad said kissing the top of my head.

When we pulled away from each other smiling dad went stiff a bit and I turned around to see Bella struggling with our luggage. I rolled my eyes still having no idea why she just didn't get a big suitcase instead of multiple smaller ones.

"Hey Bell's". Dad said awkwardly.

"Hey dad". Bella said awkwardly as he did but avoiding eye contact looking at the ground. I sighed at the awkward silence that soon followed.

"As much as I love this awkward reunion can we get going dad". I said snapping him out of his thoughts and he awkwardly started rubbing in the back of his neck nodding.

"Right you are raindrop". Dad muttered grabbing some of the bags from Bella. I shook my head as I walked towards the backseat deciding to let Bella sit in the front with dad to see how this train wreck ends.

My head snapped up from my book when I head dad's voice. He was trying to have a conversation with Bella. "Your hair's longer." Dad said with his eyes focused on the road.

"I got it cut since the last time I saw you". Bella said awkwardly as she begin playing with her hair.

"Guess it grew out again". Dad muttered as awkwardly.

It was silent the rest of the way to the house. I smiled as we pulled up onto the street and soon Dad parked in front of the house. I eagerly got out first waiting for him to open the truck.

I grabbed my bag while Dad helped Bella I was waiting on the porch impatiently wanting to get inside. Once dad opened the door I rushed in smiling that I was finally home.

"I've cleared some shelves off in the bathroom". Dad said as he closed the house door.

"Oh right one bathroom". Bella muttered under her breath.

"Put a sock in it Bella". I said irritated and walked up the stairs. I walked to my room that was across from Bella's.

 I walked to my room that was across from Bella's