Chapter 25 -Lunch With Mom & Weekend 🖤

3rd Person (P.O.V)

Bella Swan sat in the corner of her room rocking herself back-and-forth. She was growing restless as she waited for her Edward to come see her, she didn't believe what her good for nothing sister had said about her being a blood singer instead of being his mate.

She would show Winter how wrong she was the expert wasn't her mate when she got out of there. she imagine being a beautiful vampire and kill her sister for trying to take away her Edward.

What Bella didn't know was that she would just be a distant memory for the outside world but her family. She will forever be stuck in her own fantasies to ever get better even with medication, she was a danger to herself and others.

---

Renee and Winter sat across from each other as they waited for their food to arrive. The atmosphere was a bit awkward as neither knew what to say to each other.

"I'm sorry". Renee blurted out make Winter look at her.

"What?". Winter asked confused at the sudden apology.

"I said I'm sorry". Renee sighed as she looked at her daughter sadly. "I've never made an effort to be a mom. I was always stuck in my own world leaving you and Bella to fend for yourselves. I never treated you girl's as equals. I've always made an effort to bond with Bella as I felt she needed me the most. You were always independent free spirited always the mature one. Bella did take some of the house responsibilities, but she closed herself off from everyone else and was never able to be a teenager the way she should have. I was so irresponsible I didn't even realize she needed professional help. I never saw the signs". Renee explained as tears rolled down her cheeks.

The awkwardness between her and Winter really sunk everything in, she failed as a mother and even as a wife when she took the easy way out leaving Charlie. The last few days she's been thinking that had she's never made such a drastic decision maybe life would have been different. Maybe Bella wouldn't be locked up in a psychiatric facility.

Renée once upon a time love Charlie with all of her heart, she married him and he gave her two beautiful girls but she grew to resent him. She never wanted to stay in a small town, but Charlie was content with their life and never aspirated to go further than a small town cop.

Renee knew Charlie was an intelligent man and could have easily become anything he ever wanted but unlike her it was enough for him. Winter sat there in silence even if she was close to her dad she did love her mom she always hoped they would have a closer relationship but it never happened. This was honestly the first time the two of them have ever gone out together after becoming a teenager.

"I love you mom, I still don't understand a lot of things, but I want to move on and try to rebuild our relationship even if your in Florida". Winter said smiling.

"All I want is for us to try having a relationship because of my carelessness I doubt we ever truly had one". Renee said ashamed of herself as she knew her own mother had never been like that would be ashamed of her.

Renee wanted to change to be there for her youngest daughter. She will forever carry the weight of shame and guilt for treating her girls differently. She knows deep down she might have lost Bella and she refused to lose Winter she would do anything she could to ensure it.

The rest of lunch was peaceful even still a bit awkward, but the mother and daughter were determined to build a relationship and he'll some of the broken family pieces

---

Winter arrived back at the Cullen home not long ago after having lunch with her mom. It was only Saturday and she wouldn't be going home until Monday after school. She decided to head up and finish what homework she had left.

She couldn't wait for summer to start as much as she loved Forks she hoped to talk her parents into allowing her to go away for a week. She needed to put some space to try and gain some stability as she never imagine life would turn out the way it had.

In a matter of three months her life change so drastically. But right now she's trying to live in the moment and put future plans on the back burner as there was a lot to think about.

She was about to be 17 and wanted to spend as much time with her parents as possible. One thing she know she might actually wait five years before making a decision about her mortality. At the moment she is hesitant to even think about it as her parents already lost one daughter losing her would break them.

Winter sighed as she shook her head and open the door to hers and Jasper's bedroom. Walking in she stopped in her tracks as she saw a huge box laying on the bed.

"It's your Prom dress". Alice voice came out of nowhere, causing the Winter to jump her heart beating rapidly.

"Dammit Alice am I going to have to get you a bell so I can know when your coming". Winter said glaring at one of her best friends.

"Sorry Winter, I couldn't help myself. I've been wanting to give you your dress for a few weeks now. It arrived a while back but with everything going on there was never a right time to give it to you and prom is next week so I thought now is good". Alice said grabbing her by the arm and dragging her towards the bed.

"Has Jasper seen the dress?". Winter asked as it was hard to keep secrets from a Vampire.

"Of course not". Alice said scowling. "I've had this hidden in my closet since it arrived. I couldn't risk Jasper seeing it I want it to be a surprise. I'm the only one who has seen it other than Ed....". Alice said before cutting herself her eyes widened. "I'm sorry Winter I shouldn't have mentioned him". Alice said looking guilty.

"Alice it's alright, Edward may not be my favorite person but he's still a part of the family at some point I will return one of his calls. Right now I don't wanna want to open another can of worms until I'm ready to deal with it". Winter said as she is trying to make some progress yesterday she had her first therapy appointment with a friend of Carlisle's.

"Alright I get it. Now open your gift". Alice said cheerfully as Winter started laughing as she started removing the bowl off of the box.

Winter remove the lid, her eyes widening at the beautiful dress she was looking at. Her attention went straight towards the shoes that were a beautiful black color the heel was silver with a snake wrapping around it. The snakes eye color matched the bottom of her heel and dress.

"Alice I love it". Winter said as she slowly felt the fabric of the dress.

"I knew that, it's why I picked it out. I'm sure Jasper is going to have a hard time keeping his hands to himself". Alice said smirking as Winter felt the heat rising to her cheeks. "Well make sure to hide the dress my mate is calling for me". Alice said winking at her sister in law.

"Alice!!". Winter said whining as Alice laughs rushing out of the room.

Winter smiled as she looked back at her dress, knowing things were going to be alright one day. She had two wonderful families and a wonderful mate in Jasper what else could she ask for.