Chapter 14 -Ground Rules 🖤

3rd Person (P.O.V)

Carlisle sat in his study looking at his son Edward as Emmett held him down by the shoulder. He was worried with Edward's behavior today as he is truly blinded in believing Bella was his mate.

No matter what he was to tell Edward his son wasn't going to listen to what anyone has to say as he is so fixated on Bella Swan. He has truly put their family in danger as the Volturi only allowed their existence to be known if the mate was human as long as they were to transition eventually and keep their existence a secret.

"Edward calm down this instant otherwise Emmett will not release you". Carlisle ordered to a struggling Edward.

"Carlisle....". Edward tried to say as he calm down but Carlisle raised his hand to stop him.

"You are my son Edward but I will not allow your decisions to affect this family. Even if your clouded by your judgment you know deep down Bella isn't your mate. If we find our mate in a human you know their blood doesn't affect us like Esme and Emmett blood didn't cloud the mind of myself and Rosalie when we found them when they were still human. No matter what I say you will continue to do as you want you want to pursue Bella I will not stand in your way but she is not a part of this family....". Carlisle explained but was interrupted.

"And Winter is?". Edward interrupted angrily.

"Winter is apart of this family as she has been with Jasper for over two years and only recently discovered our secret accidentally and didn't go around looking for answers as her sister. You will not tell Bella any more information on our family you already exposed us to her and she has only entered the picture a few weeks ago. You could have easily denied everything and allowed her to believe she was crazy". Carlisle said running his hand fingers through his blonde hair.

"I honestly don't know what you see in the girl dude she's nothing special". Emmett commented under his breath which earned him a growl from Edward but he was stronger than his brother.

"Emmett please". Carlisle's said pinching the bridge of his nose as Emmett shrugged his shoulder.

"Edward since you aren't going to listen to us ensure that Bella doesn't expose us. And don't get any notion that one of us will turn her eventually you believe she is your mate that is your responsibility. She will not be a part of our coven that place only belongs to true mates". Carlisle said strongly not going to back down.

"Fine". Edward said gritting his teeth.

"Also stay away from winter if anything happens to her it will be your fault. I saw the look you shot at Jasper today and the anger your holding towards her she is a daughter of this coven as you are a son you will not tear this family apart with your choices am I understood". Carlisle said looking straight at Edward in his eyes.

"Yes Carlisle". Edward said angrily but stayed calm as Carlisle nodded his head towards Emmett to which he was released.

He stormed out of the room angrily not caring what his family thought he knew Bella was his mate. He wasn't going to let anyone including Winter keep him away from her he believed that his family would come around soon enough to accept Bella.

Back in the study Carlisle had an easy feeling that Bella Swan truly would destroy his son if his true mate didn't appear his behavior was already causing him to unravel he only hope it wouldn't be too late to save him.