Chapter 17- Nightmare 🖤

3rd Person (P.O.V)

Jasper held Winter in his arms while he was reading a Civil War book but his attention was drawn to his mate as he fell panic and fear rising off of her, she began to whimper.

"Edward your hurting me". Winter whimpered in her sleep her voice only loud enough for Jasper to hear.

Jasper stiffened at the mention of his adopted brother coming from his beautiful mate. She gripped his shirt tightly causing her small hand to start turning white. In that moment, he could feel the major wanting to take over to rip Edward apart for the state Winter was currently in.

"Winter darling". Jasper lightly stroke her cheek his cold finger startled her awake as her eyes darted everywhere in fear, until her eyes landed on him.

"Jaz". Winter muttered as tears filled her eyes immediately throws herself onto Jasper chest as he wrapped his arms around her to comfort her.

"I'm here darling, he's not going to hurt you I promise". Jasper whispered his southern accent, strong as he left a kiss on her temple.

"I need a human minute". Winter said shaken as she removed herself from on top of Jasper, and got out of bed.

Jasper wanted to follow her but stopped himself as he felt how suffocated she felt. With his perfect vision he was able to see her shaken form, opening the door, hearing her exhale slowly. Alice had managed to convince Charlie to allow Winter to sleep over at their house.

Instead of going to the bathroom to splash some water on her face, Winter walked to the stairs going down to make some hot chocolate. The Cullen's always stock the kitchen a bit in case she would drop by or spend the night.

Winter and Jasper were home alone as some of the family went hunting or had a date night planned. Even with the empty house she felt suffocated trying to ignore her uneasy feelings, she entered the kitchen putting a pot of water to boil on the stove.

Unknowing to the two mate's Edward was speeding through the forest, returning home. Stepping out of the forest he couldn't hear anything but movement in the kitchen. During Winter nightmare her ability was growing and manifesting as she shielded herself and Jasper mind.

Edward stopped in his tracks as he stared up at the kitchen seeing Winter through the window. He was still angry as he felt his family was turning their backs on him with the rejection of not accepting Bella.

Deep within Edward, he knew something wasn't right unfortunately the lust he felt for Bella's blood clouded his judgment turning into the person he never imagined he would become. Thinking Winter was alone he jumped onto the balcony lightly wanting to talk.

Edward quietly entered through the sliding door which was opened."Little snowflake". Edward's light voice startled Winter causing her to drop her mug at he appeared in the kitchen.

Winter felt her legs trembling at the sight of the person who was once her friend as he looked at her with his dark eyes. Her voice was stuck in her throat as nothing came out and she hoped Jasper heard the glass shattering.

The moment the glass hit the floor, Jasper was out of their bed, vampire speeding down the stairs to catch Edward near his trembling mate who was on the verge of tears. Everything happened quickly as the major had taken over, immediately having Edward pinned to the wall.

"How dare you try to hurt my mate Edward Masen". The Major said as his grip tightened around Edward's neck, wanting to rip his head off.

"I wasn't going to hurt her. I just wanted to talk to her". Edward said as he struggled to get Jasper's grip off of him. Unfortunately for him the major had control of Jasper's body.

"Your lying Masen, I don't take kindly to being lied to, especially when it comes to my beloved. Look at how afraid she is of you, you were her friend know you are her nightmare. From now on if you come anywhere near her or the Swan house during the night, Carlisle unfortunately will see himself without his first son". Jaspers whispered dangerously as his grip tightened even more around Edward's neck that slowly cracks began to form throughout his neck, which put a fear into him.

"Jaz I don't....". Winter whispered as her vision began to get blurry. The major still in control launched Edward through the sliding doors before rushing over towards his mate who passed out in his arms.

The major carried Winter up to their bedroom angry with himself. He had heard someone returning home and thought it was one of his other adopted siblings as Edward left every night to watch Bella.

Once Winter was in their bed covered, he began to pace beside the window on guard. After tonight, if Edward didn't listen to his warning, he will go through with his promise of ending him.