Chapter 16 -Lunch Disaster 🖤

Winter (P.O.V)

I sighed as a bit into my sandwich. Jasper and I were in his car as I didn't feel comfortable being around Edward after the look I saw in his eye this morning.

My mind continue to whirl with questions on how someone I considered a friend can change in a matter of days. I know Bella's blood is clouding his judgment I just never thought it would be a complete personality change.

"Are you alright darling?? You've been quiet all morning". Jasper asked making me sigh putting my sandwich down.

"I don't know Jaz". I whispered unsure. "From what you've told me recently everything with Edward and Bella is getting dangerous. I don't even feel safe at home, knowing he had easily access and has been spying on her. If you weren't there at night, God knows what he could've done to me for trying to separate them as he isn't himself". I said worriedly as the fear rose in me, but I felt a calm sensation wash over me.

"Darling don't worry about Edward at the end of the day. If he ever tries to put a finger on you, I will not hesitate to kill him". Jasper said without hesitation, I could hear him growling a bit.

"Hopefully it doesn't come to that". I muttered not wanting to divide the family as I know Edward was Carlisle's first creation. I know he saw him as his son that he never had the chance to have before the coven existed.

---

I have been so tired the last few days having trouble sleeping, even with Jasper at my side at night. He decided to bring me over to the Cullen house since Edward isn't home for lunch since Esme enjoys cooking when I'm over.

"Winter it's good to have you home". Esme said pulling me into a warm hug despite her marble body.

"Thanks mom". I said giving her a tiny smile, which made her work look at me in worry.

"Hey sweetie don't worry about Edward we've spoken to him and giving him warnings if he wants to continue being apart of the coven". Esme said giving me a warm smile.

"I don't want to break the coven up Edward is Carlisle son". I muttered rubbing my hands together it's a habit I picked up as a kid.

"He may be my son, but you are also my daughter". Carlisle said offering me a smile.

"Carlisle right little sis, me and Rose will break him into pieces if he tries anything". Emmett said with a mischievous grin in his eyes.

"Thank you everyone". I said giving a sincere smile to my second family. "Now let's get cooking". I said skipping to the kitchen as I like to cook with Esme when I'm over. Everyone laughed as I heard footsteps following behind me.

---

Jasper wrapped his arms around my waist as I was chopping some carrots. I've always enjoyed cooking and baking. doing this with Esme makes it feel special. My mother never tried to be the adult in the household, she left it to me and Bella to look after her.

But being in the Cullen house, not having to be the responsible adult my mother forced me to be was freedom. We were making a small baked chicken with some mashed potatoes and corn, which is my favorite.

Everything was going great as I was laughing and having fun with my family, until it suddenly went quiet. I looked at the door way to see Bella standing there with Edward.

"I've brought Bella for lunch and to meet the family". Edward said glaring in my direction. Which automatically make me uncomfortable, my appetite suddenly vanished and my laughter. I automatically move towards Jasper side.

"Edward you should have called us to let us know we were having a family night". Carlisle said as Bella glaring at me with so much dislike.

"So Jasper can bring miss perfect, but I can't bring Bella". Edward hissed looking at us.

"Edward we've already talked about this you know where we stand Winter is a part of this family. She became mine and Esme's daughter from the moment we met her and treated her as such". Carlisle sat in a serious voice as I shifted uncomfortably.

"Jaz can we go". I muttered awkwardly with a plead in my eyes, which Jasper casted me with a worried look before leaving me out of the kitchen. I heard glass shattering as he led me to the upper floor.

"Their relationship is going to destroy this coven if Edward's true mate doesn't show up". I whispered so low that only Jasper could hear.

"Your safe Darling nothing is going to happen to you". Jasper said kissing my forehead.

My hand started shaking as Jasper lifted me, bridal style and speeded toward our room, as my anxiety levels are off the chart at the moment. My fear for my safety went up a level as I wasn't feeling it in neither of my homes.