Chapter 32

THE SIN OF A FATHER

"..wyn... Eo... Eowyn... Eowyn!"

The sylphide abruptly opened her eyes as she sat up on her bed, gasping for air. She was panting, her heart beating at the speed of light, her blood running fast in her veins. She was feeling lost, not understanding anything. It took her a few seconds to fully recover her sense. She calmed down and noticed Gaius was looking with worry at her, examining her face to see if she was okay.

"What's time is it?" Eowyn asked.

"Past mid-day," Gaius said, shocking Eowyn. "You slept more than half a day,"

"I...," Eowyn's voice trailed off. Her body felt lax, as if she indeed slept a lot. However, she didn't feel like she slept. Her spirit was well awake all the time. She was somewhere. She was aware of things going on in this white castle. She thought she was really there. But only spiritually. And what 'there' was exactly? She already came once in a dream, but what was that white castle? It seemed ethereal, majestic, magic. And who were all these people on the paintings? Why did Eowyn came there in her dream? What was going on? She hadn't have a dream like this for a long time. Was the necklace the cause of their return? Unconsciously, Eowyn reached for the gem pendant around her neck. She felt like there was a link. But what kind of link?

"Are you okay?" Gaius asked, still concerned.

"Yes, yes, I'm fine," she reassured as she stood up from her bed, eventhough Gaius wasn't very convinced. "Where's Merlin?"

She then asked after seeing her brother's bed empty. But ny Gaius' silence, Eowyn knew something must have happened. She frowned and looked at her mentor.

"Gaius," she pressed.

"He and Arthur left to see Morgause," he admitted. Eowyn's frown deepened.

"Why?"

"She asked Arthur to meet her, that is why she spared his life. And you know Arthur, he is a man of his words. So he went even if it was against Uther's will,"

Why Uther didn't want Arthur to meet Morgause? There must be a reason. Yes, she was a fierceful swordwoman but if she wanted to kill the Prince, she would have done it in the arena. But also, why did Morgause wanted to meet Arthur? What did she wanted to tell him?

"You don't trust her?" Eowyn asked. Gaius shook his head.

"There's something weird," he said thoughtfully.

Eowyn waited the entire day for her brother and Arthur to come back. Gaius left to see the king. Eowyn couldn't bring herself to do anything knowing her brother and Arthur were somewhere in Camelot with a person nobody knew the real intentions. But that was only one of the problems thar were bothering Eowyn. Her mind was also filled with unanswered questions about her strange dream. Since she arrived in Camelot, she started having strange vision. A woman, a man, a baby, another man, and a castle. What was that all about? Why was it happening when she arrived here? Was there a link? And there was always this constant foggy mystery about sylphides and who she truly was. Nobody had answers. Books were of no help. The only one who could help was meters under the castle. But would he even help her? Last time, he made it clear Eowyn had to find everything by herself. But she needed to know. She had enough of mystery. He must help her.

Determined, Eowyn stood up from stool and headed for the secret entrance that led to the underground. She walked down the stairs, took a torch on the way and stood near the edge. The cold wind was blowing. The silence was reigning.

"Kilgharrah!" Eowyn called. Soon after, flapping sounds of wings blend into the metallic sound of shackles filled the silence and a gigantic dragon landed on top of the rock in front of her.