Chapter 25

LANCELOT AND EOWYN

"Did you sleep well, my Lady?" Eowyn asked Morgana the King's ward was sitting at her hairdresser. Eowyn was sat on the bed of the Lady.

"Very well, surprisingly," Morgana truthfully said. "After what happened, I expected to have nightmares,"

"I'm glad nothing happened to you," Eowyn admitted. Days ago, Morgana had been kidnapped by druids. That was what the King had said but Eowyn knew that it wasn't exactly that. Druids were peaceful people. Even if Uther was hunting them, they would never attack him or one of his loved ones. Besides, it happened just strange, or more like magical events, happened in her chambers. It was obvious to Eowyn that Morgana could do magic. And Merlin was acting all strange as if he knew were Morgana was but wouldn't tell her. "It's so surprising from the druids. They are so peaceful," Eowyn voiced her thoughts, catching Morgana's attention. The Lady seemed quite surprised.

"You don't fear them?" Morgana asked.

"Why would I?"

"... They use magic," Morgana carefully said. Eowyn snorted and stood up, walking to stand next to her friend.

"I don't think magic is bad," Eowyn told Morgana who looked surprised and relieved. "But I don't think it's good either. It's the way you use it,"

"What do you mean?" Morgana asked, confused.

"It's like... sciences, at some point," Eowyn explained. "People use sciences for good: Gaius and I use it to help and heal people. But some others use it for ill intentions: to kill people. I believe magic is the same thing. People use it for good and others use it for ill intentions. People are the one who makes it seems bad. But the majority of magical beings use it to help people. Majority of them use it for good," With everything that happened since she and Merlin arrived in Camelot, Eowyn had the time to think about magic in itself. Majority of people she met used it for ill. But she knew that they were just a minority in a bigger community. Eowyn wanted to show people that magic could be good too. She wanted to change their mind but she couldn't do it as Eowyn the sylphide. People would fear her because she had powers. She had to do it as Eowyn the physician, the human-like girl. And in a peaceful way.

"So... if you discover that someone could do magic, would you tell the King?" Morgana asked, obviously apprehending Eowyn's answer. The latter softly smiled at her friend.

"Absolutely not. I think I would try my best to help them understand their gift and tell them that they are no monsters," these words were for Morgana. Eowyn knew how scary it was to have powers and not knowing why you had it or what to do with it. With her words, Eowyn hoped that Morgana would use her power for good.

"If you could do magic, what would you do?" Morgana asked.

"I would use it for good," Eowyn immediately said. It was obvious to her and she was already doing so. "When you have extraordinary abilities but you don't use them... and then a bad thing happen... not using your powers to help people just... doesn't feel right..." Eowyn honestly said. That was what she and Merlin felt. Every time they encountered someone who needed help, they would help them. And when they didn't, it cost them a lot.

Morgana then stood up and tightly embraced Eowyn. The latter softly smiled and hugged back her friend.

"Thank you...," Morgana muttered. She was reassured. She knew that she could count on Eowyn and that she would never turn her back to her. Morgana felt lucky to have her by her side. The Lady then stepped back and took her friend's hands in hers. "... Tomorrow, with Gwen and a few knights, I'll be on a pilgrimage to my father's grave. I would like you to come with me," Morgana sincerely said. Eowyn was more than touched that Morgana trusted her enough to asked her to be by her side in such a personal thing.