Chapter 12

THE GATES OF AVALON

Eowyn was organising the book she finished to read in the shelves as she mutter-singed the lullaby she heard in her dreams. There was a lot of books she still didn't read yet but she would surely do. Sciences were so interesting and fascinating. Understanding how the human body or anything functioned was incredible. Science had an answer to everything. Besides magic, obviously. Gaius was heating one of his flasks for his experiment when he heard Eowyn sung. He snapped his head toward her, frowning. He had heard this unknown language before.

"How did you know this language?" Gaius asked Eowyn, surprised yet curious. Eowyn turned to Gaius before putting away the last book and climbing down the chair she was standing on.

"I heard it in my dreams. I don't what language it is, though," Eowyn explained as she went to sit on a chair not far from Gaius.

"Do you have these dreams for a long time?" he then asked, making Eowyn shaking her head as an answer.

"No. It started since I arrived in Camelot. Why? You know this language?" She questioned, curious. Since she started having these dreams, she always wondered what language it was. But with everything that always happened in Camelot, she never really find the time to do research.

"I heard it before but I don't remember where," Gaius explained, frowning as he tried to remember where he heard the unknown languaged Eowyn sung. Eowyn never had these kinds of dreams before. She wondered why it happened now so suddenly. The door suddenly opened, revealing Morgana. Gaius took the flask off of the burner as Morgana made her way toward them. Eowyn smiled at her friend but slightly frowned when she saw how disturbed she was.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you," the Lady apologised.

"Nonsense, my child. My favourite patient is always welcome," Gaius said, kissing Morgana's cheek. Eowyn smiled at the sight but it quickly disappeared when she saw the bench started to fire. Morgana noticed it too and looked quite worried.

"I'm sorry about the mess. Most of it's Merlin's. If I'd known you were coming, I'd have tidied up in here," Gaius said, noticing the look on Morgana. Eowyn stood up, blowing on the bench as she took the tongs.

"Er...it's not that. It's just...your bench is on fire," Morgana said. Gaius frowned, confused.

"My bench is on fire? What are you...," Gaius turned to look at his bench and saw Eowyn taking the flask in a panic with the tongs. "My bench is on fire!" he exclaimed. Morgana handed him a bucket of water and Eowyn dropped the flask inside, sighing of relief.

"You're always getting me into trouble," Gaius joked, making Eowyn chuckled but Morgana still seemed disturbed. "What brings you to this dark corner?" Morgana briefly looked at Eowyn.

"I had another dream," the Lady admitted.

"I leave you two to discuss," Eowyn said as she was about to stand up but Morgana quickly stopped her.

"No, no, it's okay... I trust you," the Lady sincerely said. Eowyn reassuringly smiled at Morgana. She was happy that Morgana trusted her enough to tell her something that seemed important and sensitive to her. "I saw Arthur lying underwater, drowning, and there was a woman standing over him, watching him die. And she's here in Camelot,"

"The mind plays tricks. It borrows from everyday life and plays out its own fantasy," Gaius explained.

"But I had this dream before she came to Camelot," Morgana exclaimed. Eowyn frowned at what her friend said. She had seen the woman she never saw before in her dream, and now she was here? Was it possible that Morgana could see the future? Eowyn was wondering if her dreams were something similar than Morgana's.