Chapter 3: Mid-Point

"Bronya...your here...thank goodness your alright." Mei said between pants.

Mei gently put Kiana down after confirming she was alright before she herself suddenly collapsed as she fell into the other girl's arms who's name was apparently Bronya.

"Mei!" Said Bronya who held the exhausted Mei up from completely falling onto the floor.

As this happened Bronya looked up as she and Alex made eye contact and kept looking at one another for a bit befofe Alex spoke.

"Let's save introductions for later. Right now we got more pressing matters to deal with. All you need to know is that I'm a mercenary your Major hired last minute to join for this mission." Said Alex.

Bronya nodded and understood he was right as she handed the exhausted Mei off to Kiana who had just regained enough strength to walk as she offered to carry Mei.

Once that was done Bronya began to call Himeko as soon she answered as her hologram appeared.

"What's the issue Bronya?" Asked Himeko.

Obviously since Bronya had just arrived she had no clue what transpired but thankfully Alex took hold of the conversation.

"Hello? Is this Major Himeko?" Asked Alex.

"Yes it is. Judging by that voice I assume your the mercenary, Alex Mustang correct?" She asked.

"Your correct. Listen here's what happened. When we were securing the breach on the aft, an emperor class Honkai Beast swooped in and began to attack us three. It easily overpowered me and Kiana while Mei was barely holding her ground against it. From what I saw Mei used up all of the remaining strength she had left to cut the beast into pieces." Said Alex.

"I see. What's the current condition of those two?" Asked Himeko.

"From what the Bronya sees, Subject Alex is the only one who's gained enough stamina back to continue fighting. Kiana has barely gained enough back to stand and carry Mei. And Mei is currently in no condition to fight." Said Bronya.

It took Himeko a while to respond until she did as she sighed a bit. "Alright I understand the situation. Alex and Bronya, you two will continue on the path to take over the ship. Please take care of Kiana and Mei." She said.

"Da, Major Himeko. Kiana is carrying Mei. Physio readings are stable. The Bronya and Subject Alex shall handle all hostiles." Said Bronya with Alex nodding while not understanding what she said in the first part of her sentence.

"Hey Himeko, what did Mei mean by restriction protocols? And what about the countdown?" Asked Kiana.

"....now that's a long story. I'll give you a detailed rundown once this is all over. For now keep going." Said Himeko as she ended the call.

With that the group of three all got ready to move along.

Shortly afterwards after opening  a door, they had reached the interior of the ship as they arrived at a corridor with a curved path around a large ball of energy.

"Subject Alex. The current path ahead is set up with traps. Please buy the Bronya some time so she can disable them." Said Bronya as she approached a terminal.

Alex nodded and brought his sword as he began to hold his ground against any Honkai beasts that had approached them while getting assistance from Kiana who was still able to shoot from her firearms while carrying Mei.

After fending off the monsters Bronya has finished disabling the traps as the three moved aheas on the curved path and jumped down to a lower floor as they reached a doorway.