Chapter 34: Not What She Seems

From the endless black void within the gate, numerous wispy like black arms began to emerge as they all then immediately grabbed and latched onto the Overseer's body, with a firm, iron tight grip that barely allowed the man to struggle and break free.

Otto kept trying to break free to no avail as the arms slowly dragged him closer and closer to the gate.

"Why're you struggling Otto Apocalypse? You forced your will into this space to seek answers. To find the truth. Well, here I am, giving you what you want. The truth. The answers that you seek. You can thank me later."

With that, all the arms reclined back and thrust Otto into the pitch black within the gate as the two massive doors closed, leaving only Truth as he sat facing the gate with a smile as the entity chuckled to himself.

'To think that the great Overseer himself would arrive here. Especially at this time of hour considering the situation he's about to cause. Well then, whatever he's here for, I plan to entertain him for a bit.'

Eventually after some time had passed, the gates opened as the Overseer was spit out and landed, stumbling forward for a bit before regaining his footing.

"How was it!? Did you find the answers you were looking for!?" Asked a joyful Truth, clearly taking in amusement from how shocked the Schicksal Overseer was.

"I-I must say, whatever you are, you definitely are host to a vast amount of knowledge within that gate. It felt like my mind was being fed enormous amounts of it, but it was so fast that I wasn't able to fully comprehend it." Said Otto.

"Why of course! That WAS the intention after all." Said Truth, chuckling to himself. "Now then to the main topic at hand, what brings the mighty Schicksal Overseer into my humble abode?"

"Well you see, I was interested in the boy that's currently your host. I find him to be an intriguing individual. Not only has he become one of the top mercenaries in just a couple of months, but the fact that he hasn't contracted a single ounce of Honkai infection despite not being a Valkyrie or carrying a Stigmata is most impressive." Said the Overseer before pointing at Truth.

"And I assume you must have something to do with that, right?" Asked Otto.

"What I do for the kid is between me and him. It's none of your business." Replied the entity.

"I can respect that. However, for a being like you being within a kid like him, you're a big fish in a small pond." Said the Overseer before offering the entity his hand. "Come with me. I'm sure we could benefit one another quite well."

Truth's reaction to Otto's offer was just to merely laugh it off.

"What a tempting offer. Unfortunately, I'm fine where I am. After all, why would you need me, when you already have an entity with you?" Asked Truth.

Otto merely chuckled at this.

"I see. You picked up on the Void Archives huh? You truly are a perceptive being. Alright then."

"Glad we could finish up our talk. The kid is waking up."

With that, Truth snapped his fingers as the Overseer was back in the room, hearing the sound of Alex slowly waking up.

Eventually the kid opened his eyes and was imma shocked.

"W-What the? You're the Schicksal Overseer!" Said Alex.

"Greetings. It's about time we finally meet face to face, Mr. Mustang. As you already know, I'm the current Schicksal Overseer, Otto Apocalypse."

Alex tried to get up, but then noticed that he was tied to the chair.

"W-What the hell what do you want from me!? Why am I tied up!? Where's Kiana!?" Shouted Alex.

"Please please one at a time Mr. Mustang. I just want to have a formal chat for you. That's all." Said the Overseer as he got up and untied Alex before handgun himself and Alex pre made cups of tea as he sat back in front of him.

"T-Thank you." Said Alex as he took a sip.

"You caught my interest a while back Mustang. In just a few months, you've already accumulated quite the resume. Not to mention that the time you've spent with my grand daughter's school has been quite interesting to say the least." Said Otto. "However, the initial contract ended long ago. Why have you stayed since then?"

"Look. I was going to okay? It's just, I've gotten attached to them. That's all." Said Alex.

"I see. The time you've spent with them has caused you to grow a bond. Most understandable. Unfortunately, it's gotten you caught up in this as an unintended participant." Said the Overseer as he got up and walked to the window as he looked outside.

"Unintended participant? What the hell does that mean? What's going on?" Asked Alex.

Otto took a moment to speak, before smiling to himself.

"You asked about the whereabouts of Kiana, no? I'm sure you'd like to know where she is, correct?" Asked Otto, as between his fingers he held a photo.

Alex hesitated for a bit before taking the photo and looking at it.

On the photo was Kiana unconscious in the purple liquid filled tube.

As Alex saw that, he had many questions going off on his head as he placed the photo down and looked at Otto.

"W-What the was that!? Where is she and what have you done to her!?" Asked Alex.

"Please, lower your tone Mustang. Ms. Kaslana hasn't been physically harmed, however, there's a secret behind your friend. Something that you couldn't even begin to comprehend." Said Otto.

"W-What do you mean?" Asked Alex, being extremely cautious.

Otto noticed the faint silhouette of the Hyperion slowly getting nearer and nearer to arriving at Schicksal HQ.

"You're about to witness a revolution take place in front of your eyes Mustang. Some could even call this a historical moment in the history of humanity's battle against the Honkai, and you're friend, Kiana, is an important piece to achieving this revolutionary moment." Said Otto.

"Just get to the point. What do you want from Kiana?" Sternly asked Alex.

"Kiana huh?"

Otto chuckled to himself.

"You truly know very little. That person you've been referring to as Kiana Kaslana, is not what she seems." Said the Overseer.

Upon hearing that last part, Alex was immediately reminded on what Truth had told him back during the invasion of Anti-Entropy's base.

"N-Not what she seems? What're you implying? Spit it out already and stop stalling!" Said Alex.

At that moment, the revolution had begun as Otto smirked, finally giving Alex the answer...........................the truth.

"The girl you know as Kiana Kaslana isn't really Kiana Kaslana. She's a clone. Her real identity, is K-423."

Chapter 34: Complete