Chapter 4: Friend Turned Foe

After her suggestion, the group went last the doorway and walked down a long hallway taking care of more enemies as the three wondered how exactly Bronya was gonna use the mechs.

Their questions were answered as after a bit further down they looked to their left to see a row of powered off mechs as they approached them, with Bronya then having a couple of holographic screens appear in front of her as she began to interact with them.

"Password protection disabled. Pilot access granted. Combat systems activated. A trojan? No...it seems like a minor Honkai leak. Minor event categorized. Moving on. Anti-Entropy specialist combat mech armed and ready." Said Bronya who successfully managed to get the mechs to power on as the other were impressed.

"Woah! This is super cool! I wanna pilot this one!" Said Kiana pointing to one of the three mechs which Bronya immediately rejected.

"Negative." She said which got Kiana upset.

"Hmm why not? It's my turn to do something cool." She said with a frown.

"Mech piloting reacquires at least 10,000 hours of training. Candidate pilots must be well versed in the basic principles of EM theories, fluid dynamics, and aerodynamics." Said Bronya which got a sigh from Kiana.

"Ah really? You must be kidding. This mech looks simpler than a bike." She said.

"Stop fooling around Kiana." Said Mei.

Alex noticed that there were only three mechs available to pilot as he then offered his opinion.

"Judging by your suggestion to take the three mechs for use, its clear that you will pilot one and Mei will pilot the other so help keep her stamina stable right? That just leaves one mech left to pilot. If I were you, I'd let the snowflake pilot the third one. Even if she has no experience I'd rather let a teen with no experience pilot a mech than a 13 year old with older experience." Said Alex.

"Hey thanks! Maybe you aren't all that ba-HEY WAIT WHAT DO YOU MEAN SNOWFLAKE!?" Shouted Kiana.

Though she didn't want to, Bronya knew Alex was correct as she begrudgingly gave in as Mei, Kiana, and Bronya each entered their own mech as Alex decided to climb up and ride on Bronya's mech trusting her to provide the most safest ride out of the three.

With that settled, the three mechs were on their way to the end of the path as now they were easily plowing through the remaining enemies and beasts like nothing.

After a couple of minutes, they reached the end of the hallway as one of the mechs wound up exploding seemingly from damage but the group of four managed to easily jump away and back onto the floor in front of the doorway that led into the control room.

"Heheh! How's that? My piloting skill is simply spelled with awesome." Said a confident Kiana with a smile.

"Awsomely inept." Bluntly said Bronya.

"Huh!? But I reduced all those hostile mechs to slag!" She shouted.

"Kiana idiotka has destroyed the only operational mechs we managed to hack." Said Bronya.

"Can't do anything about that. But at least we've destroyed a ton of enemy units." She said still being upbeat.

"True but you somehow managed to press the self destruct button after the battle was done." Said Alex.

"What? How'd you know?" Said Kiana being in genuine shock.

"Uh, anyways since we can't pilot the mechs anymore, lets just move on with the mission." Said Mei wanting to get a move on already. "According to the prints of the battleship, the bridge is beyond that door, right?" She asked.