Chapter 29: Post-Inferno

He didn't know what happened or even where he was right now.

All Alex could last remember was seeing Siegfried charge and heat up his blade, shouting out an attack before a white blinding light obscured everyone's vision.

Everything since then has been a blur to Alex.

Slowly his vision began to come back to him as he looked around to check the surroundings as he saw the same sky and ground that he was accustomed to for the previous couple of hours.

'Looks like I'm still in Siberia.' Thought Alex.

He looked to his right and saw the unconscious Siegfried laying there next to him, with multiple deep burns on his body in what Alex assumed was in the aftermath of his attack.

With how bad they looked, Alex didn't even know if he was gonna be able to get back into battle let alone even be remotely healthy enough to move.

As he kept thinking to himself, he heard the sound of snow crunching getting closer and stop right above him as Alex looked up and saw an adult woman crouch down in front of him

"Looks like you've finally awaken. How're you feeling young boy?" Asked the woman.

"I'm, feeling alright I guess." Said Alex as he finally sat up, getting off the snow as the girl smiled.

"I'm glad to hear that. I was worried when I arrived on the scene. I hope my crazy husband didn't cause you too much trouble back there." Said the girl as Alex shook his head no.

"No he didn't. If anything he made sure I was backed away so I wouldn't be caught close to the attack, though those burns look gnarly." Said Alex as the girl nodded.

"Yeah. That's the consequence of using Shamash at full power." Said the girl as she walked over and kneeled down by the unconscious Siegfried.

"Um, so who exactly are you ma'am?" Asked Alex as the girl giggled a bit.

"My apologies for not introducing myself. I'm Cecilia Schariac. I also happen to be this male snowflake's wife." Said the girl revealing her name to be Cecilia.

'So this is that Cecilia that Kiana and Theresa were talking about earlier. Christ she looks identical to Kiana. Almost as if the two were twins or long lost sisters. No way that she's her mother right?' Thought Alex as Cecilia called his attention.

"You went quite there for a while. Something on your mind?" Asked Cecilia.

"Yeah but it's nothing important." Said Alex. "More importantly, is he gonna be okay?"

"Well, under normal circumstances no. These burns would kill any normal person. Fortunately though, us Valkyries aren't really 100% normal." Said Cecilia as Alex nodded.

"Yeah. I know that from first hand experience." Said Alex.

"Hey, hand me Siegfried's communications device. It's right next to you. It somehow survived the inferno so I wanna hear what Theresa is doing at the moment." Said Cecilia.