Chapter 41: A Heart to Heart

"Huh. Looks like the kid finally got snake bit by Honkai Poisoning. Well, it was only a matter a time." Said Truth.

Within his endless, pure white domain, he saw the gate that stood across from him get overrun by the pink, vine like markings that had appeared on Alex's body.

The gate was slowly but surely being consumed by the Honkai Poisoning, as it marginally got disintegrated.

"Seems like it's finally the end of the road for Alex Mustang. He truly was an interesting individual to witness from within. Oh well, might as well prepare to split from his consciousness before I'm taken along with him." Said the entity.

Truth got up from his usual sitting position as he turned around and began to walk towards his own gate, until he just got the random feeling to turn back and look.

When he did, he saw the color of the vine like markings go from their red-pinkish color to a cyan blue color, as they began to retract and go away, as the gate began to rebuild and repair itself, as it slowly came back together.

As Truth saw this, he simply put a hand to his as he let out a small laugh.

"Well well well, looks like this kid's journey isn't done just yet."

".....................ey...............id.................hey kid."

He felt a light slap on his cheek.

Alex slowly opened his eyes to be greeted by non other than Himeko.

"Thank god you finally woke up. I was worried that you'd have had a bad reaction." Said the redhead.

"H-Himeko?" Quietly said the boy.

It took a moment for Alex's vision to fully come back to him.

Eventually once it did, he noticed that he had been rested on the redhead's lap, as he noticed her wearing a new battlesuit as well

"Yeah it's me. You aren't losing your mind and this isn't the afterlife." Said the redhead.

Alex laid there for a moment before immediately remembering Fu Hua as he immediately sat up but quickly placed a hand on his stomach, groaning in pain as the wound still was pretty recent.

"Hey take it easy kid. I may have stopped the bleeding but the wound itself is still fresh so it'll sting for a while." Said Himeko.

"F-Fu Hua. Where's Fu Hua?" Asked Alex.

Himeko merely sighed as she pointed over to where her corpse had laid in a pool of blood.

She walked over, picking up the corpse as she then laid it in front of Alex as she stood next to him.