Chapter 24: Going Back

[TimeSkip: 5 Days Later]

Over a week had passed since the invasion and five since Alex had finally woke up after getting a nearly fatal blow to the head.

After waking up, Alex spent a few more days in his hospital getting treatment to at least ensure that he had recovered enough to at least be outside.

In this time he had gotten plenty of visits from the usual visitors he'd see, Fu Hua, Kiana and Mei, Himeko, and Theresa when ever she had free time from her usual duties as St. Freya's Principal.

Eventually the day had come when Alex was finally discharged and cleared by St. Freya's medics to go outside.

After being escorted by wheelchair outdoors, he stepped out the entrance doors and was immediately greeted by Himeko.

"Sup kid. Looks like you were finally given the green light to be outdoors now." Said the red head.

"Yeah I was. Though the medics were heavily insistent that I just live a normal, calm life for now and not to do anything too difficult since I'm still easily susceptible to headaches." Said Alex as he pointed to his forehead which was still wrapped around in bandages.

"Alright understood. Anyways, you coincidentally got released at just the right time. School's been over for a while now and the girls back at the dormitory have actually planned a surprise for when you finally return back." Said Himeko.

"Oh really?" Asked Alex.

"Mhm." Said Himeko before looking at her phone at chuckling. "And speak of the devil. They just told me they're ready. Come on lets go."

The two began to walk towards the dormitory which wasn't really a long walk to begin with.

"Hey kid. I haven't really gotten the chance to tell you this since you just woke up a few days ago, but, I really thank you for taking that punch for me back at the invasion." She said.

"Eh it's no big deal. Once the mech showed up, I knew that by the time it had reached you, you were gonna be defenseless and were gonna suffer and even worse punch than I did." Said Alex.

"Wow. Who would've thought that under that mostly uncaring and simplistic exterior lies a selfless boy who's willing to throw himself into harm's way." Playfully said the redhead as she poked his cheek.

"Okay okay stop that. No need to be that deep about it. I just did what I felt was right in that situation. There's nothing else to it." Quickly said Alex as he pulled her hand away.

"Oh okay sure. We'll just leave it at that." Said the girl as she winked as Alex just sighed at her.

'Christ this girl is something else.' Thought Alex to himself.

After a nice walk, the two made it to the dormitory as Himeko told Alex to wait as she walked in first.

Eventually Alex was allowed to walk in as the moment he did, all the girls jumped out from hiding.

"Surprise!" All the girls said as they confetti appeared from their confetti poppers as a welcome back banner appeared from above.

Alex had no clue what to say as out of all surprises, he definitely didn't expect a welcome back party.

"Hell yeah we got him! He's so surprised that he's speechless!" Said a proud Kiana.

"U-Um, t-thanks guys. I really appreciate it. T-Though, this wasn't exactly the type of surprise I expected." Said Alex.

"Hm how not? What were you expecting?" Asked Mei.

Himeko chuckled and got close to his ear.

"Were you expecting us to lend our bodies to you~? Such a dirty mind you have~." Teasingly whispered Himeko into his ear as Alex immediately blushed while Theresa groaned and pushed Himeko back.