Chapter 38: Encountering The Herrscher

The clash was just seconds away.

At least, that's what Durandal thought.

However, in an maneuver than occured at the last second, Alex had ceased the flames on his sword as he tossed it up into the air well past both of them as he slid right past, right between Durandal's legs as the kid ran ahead and caught the sword.

"Thanks for the battle Ms. Durandal but I gotta keep going!" Shouted Alex as he ran off in the direction that Fu Hua went.

Durandal and Rita both looked at Alex run off into the distance as the maid looked at her comrade.

"Be honest with me. That stunt the boy pulled was something you could've easily stopped. You changed your mind and let him go, right? I hope you realize that if those two end up dead, then they're both on you." Said Rita.

Durandal simply smiled to herself and sighed.

"Even if that's a possibility, I still have faith in those two." Said the blonde.

Alex continued rushing towards where Fu Hua had ran off, hoping that he hadn't wasted too much time.

On his way there, he saw a familiar person he hadn't seen in a long while carrying two unconscious people with her, away from where he was headed.

"Bronya! Hey!" Said Alex, calling out to the girl.

"S-Subject Alex!" Said the android in shock as the two now stood next to one another.

Alex was about to comment on when Bronya had recovered from her coma, but then he saw the two unconscious people to be Mei and Theresa, both who looked seriously battered and beaten.

"M-Mei and Theresa!? Bronya what the hell happened to them!?" Asked the boy.

"The Bronya, Mei, and Principal Theresa all engaged the Herrscher after she had awoken. As Subject Alex can see, it took a toll on all of us. Even worse is that the Herrscher took Mei's Core." Said Bronya.

"W-Wait what? You mean the Herrscher had two cores now!? Shit this is bad." Said Alex.

"Where has Subject Alex been all this time?" Asked Bronya.

"That's, a long story. I'll explain once everything hopefully just blows over. Where's Fu Hua?" Asked the boy.

"The Class Monitor went to battle the Herrscher. She's just up ahead."

Alex thanked Bronya and immediately began to rush on ahead until Bronya suddenly grabbed his arm.

"W-Wait! What does Subject Alex think he's doing!?" She asked.

"Bronya I gotta go help Fu Hua. I can't just leave her on her own against the Herrscher." He said.

"D-Does Subject Alex not realize what he's getting himself into!? Subject Alex is not a Valkyrie and Subject Alex doesn't have a Stigmata! Alex runs a high risk of succumbing to Honkai Poisoning! Just imagine how everyone, especially how Kiana Idiotka would feel if that happened!? Please, Alex has alre done enough for us over the past half year! He doesn't need to do this!" Shouted Bronya, breaking her normal cool and calm persona, as she showed genuine emotion.

"I know that Bronya. I know very well that this could cost me my life, however we all are doing all we can to save Kiana. You three have already done your part, Fu Hua is doing hers, and now it's my turn to do mine. Even if it means that I'll die, I'll at least know that I went out trying my damndest to save a friend." Responded Alex.

Upon hearing that, Bronya had let a tear fall from her face before gently putting down Mei and Theresa as she hugged Alex tightly.

The boy was a little surprised by this but quickly hugged her back.