Chapter 13 - Erm, what?

It was a new day and the injury on my wrist from yesterday was fully healed.

Now, the problem for today....

Looking at my skills, I see new abilities I definitely didn't have before...

Invisibility
Zero
Shapeshifting
Beast Tamer

Skimming through my titles and achievements, I find new things as well.

Beast Tamer

Okay. New developments, then. Always a pleasure.

S, how did I get these?

Good morning, Midoriya. These are the rewards from your fight with the wolves yesterday.

Okay, but why wasn't I told about them?

You were, but you'd already fallen asleep.

Ohh, yeah. Actually, that makes a lot of sense - genuinely. This has happened in the past when I was practicing with my quirk and I'd unlocked new skills without realising, hence why I'd started checking my skills once I'd woken up in the morning.

Invisibility and Shapeshifting sounded simple, but I was worried about beast tamer and zero.

Oh well! I'll deal with it later.

Jumping up out of bed, I changed into regular clothes and got ready to fill the day with unnecessary activities.

...just kidding. I'll be training again.

Heading out of the door (after making breakfast, it's important to eat at the start of the day) I start heading towards my usual spot in the forest. However, I can't remember that shortcut I took yesterday, so I've decided to take the long way.

It was actually a nice, quiet day. No classmates trying to make conversation, which means nobody bothering me.

"Guys, is that Midoriya?!" Oh my god, life hates me.

Looking to my left, I knew I'd really screwed myself over now. I saw the most eccentric, optimistic people of my class... Asui, Uraraka, Iida, Mina, Yaoyorozu and a headless figure, oh never mind. That's hagakure.

I cringed. I could see their excited looks when they saw my face and not just my green hair. I turned around and instantly started walking away.

"Midoriya! It's rude to walk away when someone is trying to talk to you!" We can all guess who that was, Mr Engine guy yelled as he ran towards me.

He put a hand on my shoulder and held me to keep me from walking away. I look him in the eyes and glare.

"Hands off, unless you want them broken."

It's not like he was fully aware of this, but the hundreds of times Bakugo tried to use me as his punching bag to test his quirk, his explosions left a few scars not even my regeneration could fix.

You could call it phantom pain, I guess. They'll always be there.

He pulled his hand away, but it was too late. The girls of the group had caught up.

"Hey, Midoriya! We were gonna go get some food at the cafe round the corner, wanna come?" Said Uraraka. "I'm paying, by the way, so don't worry about money.." The sheepish offer came from Yaoyorozu, the vice president of the class. Weird, she's usually a lot more confident in class.

I contemplated my options, if I were to accept I would get free food and a drink...but the con is that I'd have to socialise for it.

Screw it, it's not like I'd be the only person being spoken to.