Chapter 18 - Not That Strong After All

I wake up with a yawn to see light poking through the curtains and onto my face. The walls of the room are fully white, and there's that smell you'd usually only find in hospitals.

Where am I? There's no way they'd bring me to the hospital for falling asleep. So, recovery girl's office?

"Ah, you're awake." I look to the door to see mentioned hero... Nailed it....

Until I see Aizawa standing by the door, with a hand to his mouth stifling a laugh. "What's so funny?" I deadpan,

Suddenly the most horrifying scene unfolds in front of my own eyes... My sensei is... laughing hysterically?

"All Mighty, the Izuku Midoriya. Wielder of fire and ice, bearer of heaven's crown, suffers from energy loss like all other humans? Pffft!"

I deadpanned once again, "Is it really that surprising? Who even says that anyway.." I grumble.

"Look kid, you got incredibly lucky as well. You got into the next round, and you're due to attend in the next 180 seconds."

I pause, reading his features for any hint of a lie, and after seeing none?

"What the hell?! Why didn't you wake me up- wait, no. Who am I against?" I begin to mutter, slipping into old habits.

"Your stunt double, Monoma. 1-B?" Darn, I'm gonna have to fight a frien- acquaintance.

"Midoriya, you're mumbling." My cheeks flush red momentarily out of embarrassment, but thank him before I could reveal more of my personal secrets.

"Well, better get out there. Show 1-B their place!" Aizawa cheers, and I grin giving a thumbs up before teleporting away.

...

"Vlad's so screwed."

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

"It would seem our second contestant isn't h-" I teleport to my side of the arena to hear Mic's stupid yelling again. At this point, I'd need to get my ears checked.

"Oh! Okay, nevermind.. uh... copy quirk boy against many quirk man! Who'll win?" Wow, nice one, Mic.

Midnight cracks her whip as the crowd shifts all attention to her, "Alright boys, take your places! You know the starting signal."

I look to Monoma, stifling a laugh as he looks stupidly serious for this match.

"Begin!"

I look Monoma straight in the eyes, listening carefully as he starts speaking, correcting his posture.

"So, Izuku, we both know we don't wanna hurt each other." I roll my eyes.

"I dunno man, you're looking pretty punch-able." He smirks, "Well, if you insist."

There's a sudden shift in the wind, and a second later, I spot Monoma from the corner of my eye, narrowly missing a fist aimed to my face.

He draws back his hand, soothing his wrist around the edge of his uniform, flicking the cuffs lightly.

"Picked up this cool quirk earlier this morning... Teleportation! Handy, right? You used it to enter as well, we're twinning."

I sigh, "Can't believe you wasted your one opportunity to brag."

I pull back my fist, ready to punch in return to his sudden attack, and building quite some momentum, my attack is deflected by another copied quirk, solid air.