Chapter 22 - It's Just A Class Meal!

Alright, so...

Maybe it wasn't the best idea to give them my phone number.

I have so far been added to several group chats, messaged a shit tone of 'memes', been called half a dozen times since I got home... and the worst part?

Being encouraged to use filters.

(Nothing against them, Izuku's just unsure of his own appearance)

We have settled on a time for dinner tonight, and it will be hosted at "Meilleur Resto", it's french so its gonna be good, right?

I can't even tell you how many people asked for McDonalds and such.

So here I stand, in my most casual clothing, looking completely out of place outside the restaurant.

It was booked for 9pm, but I arrived early with Nezu in order to sort out the method of payment. We're all done now so they should be arriving soon, though.

"Hello, Midoriya!" I look towards the sounds origin, seeing most of the girls, only not being able to see our designated gravity girl.

"Where's Uraraka?" Well, I've gotta find out somehow.

"She's coming with Hagakure in a few minutes." Wait, she actually isn't here? I thought it was just her quirk.

Moments later, yelling enters our ears, most of us entering high alert.

Of course it's just Bakugo, though. What else did you expect from the boys? Behind the crowd are the two women we've been expecting as well.

"Hey, guys! Look who we found!" Kirishima looked so glad to be here?? I've literally never seen someone so happy to be with their friends?

"Alright, then. Shall we enter?" I ask.

I was here for food, not a conversation.

Well... Maybe I was here for some talking.. I'm not that much of a glutton.

We're eventually seated at some super large rectangular table. I feel bad for the guys who had to set this up whilst maintaining the theme of 'luxury.'

"Ooh, Meilleur Resto. We've been here before." Ochaco looks up, previously putting full attention into trying to translate the french meals.

"Really?! What do you recommend?"

"Hmm.. the très bonne nourriture would probably suit your tastes more, but the plat le plus frais is my favourite."

The two stare at each other momentarily before Momo sighs, "I'll order for us."

A waiter, having heard the exchange hops over (rabbit quirk?), "May I presume you're ready to order then?"

______

"Oh man, I'm full!"

Acquired Title: He Who Is Gluttonous
Acquired Skill: Devourer

(You guys know like every reference in here so here's another one).

"Full? Man, we should've asked for seconds." I groan, a hand wiping away fake tears.

The laughs die down as we soon begin to walk out of the restaurant, "You know Midoriya, it'd be nice if we could hang out more."

I look up towards Yaoyorozu, looking down to hide my embarrassment.

Why are they so nice?!

"I think so too, I think we'd be good friends." I mumble, "What was that?"

I laugh, "Oh nothing."

"Hey, nerd." I freeze, completely forgetting both that he was there, but also the presence of my quirk and confidence.

"Why don't we all hang out more then?" The blonde says, completely catching most members of our group off of guard.

Wait. Kacchan heard my mumbling!

I look even further down, "Well, then! Let's do it, weekly hangouts!" Mina yells. Nice save!

Everyone unanimously agrees, "Aww, I don't wanna go home yet.."

"Is anyone up for some karaoke then?"

I laugh, "I'll go, but don't expect me to sing. The entire building would probably collapse."

"C'mon, it can't be that bad."

Unfortunately, a solid dozen or more members had to go home for the day, leaving me with the few folks who either didn't want to go home or were made to stay (so Bakugo).

Luckily, it was only a 10 minute walk, though it definitely felt shorter.

The karaoke place was mostly just a run-down building with neon lights hardly highlighting its existence.

"Uhh, is this really the place?" I asked, unsure. "It just looks a bit, well, how do I put this... disgusting...?"

"Don't worry, it might look like that on the outside, but... Oh well, I'll show you!" Uraraka beams, grabbing my arm and dragging me inside.

The reception looked surprisingly cool, following a 90s diner style with red walls and a marble counter, behind it was what I assume must be some sort of cafe. Not to mention, it also seemed a lot bigger on the inside.

"Welcome! Do you have a reservation?"

I look back to the origin of the counter to see a floating hat, with formal server's clothing. An invisibility quirk? Wait-

"Mom! No need to be so cold, it's us!" Hagakure calls out, wait.. what?

"Oh, sorry sweetheart. I couldn't see you." Well that's got to be the most ironic thing I've heard all day. "Room 7s open, have fun!"

After being handed the key, Hagakure leads us down a hallway to a door labelled with our given number.

"So, who wants to sing the first song?"

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Back in School:

"Alright, children. Shut up now." Eraserhead looks out towards us, red eyes more prominent now.

"So, Nezu's decided that the hero courses will be going to a training camp to get stronger after the sports festival. Messages have already been sent out to your parents, permission required by Thursday next week. Get your own stuff. Understood? Okay, now self study or something."

Immediately dismissing our teachers final statement my classmates move their desks towards their friend groups, taking out their phones and (annoyingly) messaging the class group chat.

To think chaos could begin with a simple message.

Pinky: Shopping anyone?