12

7/12
Monday
9:21 pm
Chrollo Pov

I've remained quiet throughout the ride back home but there's no way I will let this night slide like nothing happened. My sister and I need to talk in private so I ordered her to get inside my bedroom despite my aching jaws.

"Start explaining yourself and don't you dare lie to me." I groaned as soon as my back hit the couch placed at the south of my Kingsized bed with black satin blanket atop the fluffy plain white comforter. It ties to the minimalist black and white theme of my bedroom.

"I got invited to a party and your hypocritical righteous ass won't let me go so—"

I only realized what I've done after I saw (Y/N) stroke her reddening left cheek and slowly reverted her shocked face back at me that caused arrows of deep regret struck my chest.

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to hurt you..."

"I hate you!" (Y/N) shoved her arm against my palm and rushed downstairs despite the struggle to glide with her long dress. I chased her to apologize, however, she had chosen to leave through the kitchen door and my aching back made it hard for me to follow suit.

I grab ahold of the wooden railing over the balustrade, then yelled to her bodyguards whom were just watching the drama unfold with sandwiches in their mouths.

"Bring her back!"

"Y-yes sir!"

I waited patiently, thinking she wouldn't have gone far in that formal dress until one of our men came back and broke the news that she was gone.

•••

7/13
Tuesday
11:56 am
Reader Pov

I woke up to the smell of strong brewed coffee but I couldn't open my eyes. As if they were stuck with glue and I just realized a few seconds later that they were wrapped by a smooth tie.

Goosebumps instantly formed on my skin as I attempted to rise from the cushion less wooden bed and found out that my numbing wrists and ankles are also tied securely. Fortunately, my mouth is free and to use it was my only option to flee.

"Help!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, making my chapped lips and throat ache from dryness. "Is anybody there...?"

No reply. Whoever abducted me must be out of the room at the very least. I sighed in relief.

How did I end up like this...? I asked myself and tried to remember every single thing that happened. After my brother slapped the soul out of me, I ran away and miraculously left the house in my indoor slippers and long mermaid gown, thanks to it's long slit.

The bad news is the memory of getting my ass drugged as soon as my foot stepped into the woods behind our house was slowly coming back to me.

Calm down and think of something... I mentally sighed and formed a plan to escape this mess.

But to my disappointment, the smell of the sea came in strong, lead by the wind and it only means one thing. I'm doomed. There's a high probability that I'm being held in a remote area where I have to run for miles before I get to find a neighbor who could help me get back to the city.

The hopes I have left gradually crumbled into pieces when my mind deduced the negative side of what I'm about to do. What if I'm stuck here with some weirdo whom my father had serious beef with? I shuddered at the thought of them abusing me for revenge. Dang, this is all my stubborn ass's fault...

The slight tinkling of the cup leaving it's saucer caught my attention. There's definitely someone else nearby but they won't respond no matter how much I tried to communicate and it elevated my anxiety to the roof.

"W-who are you...?"

"Can't you tell?"