17

I'm sorry for the late update, the reason is stated on my my wall. I hope y'all are safe and would enjoy reading the new chapter.

7/13
Tuesday
2:45 pm
Reader Pov

I looked up and saw a slim woman wearing a traditional dress, pointing a glock against my forehead with a smirk playing on her thin lips.

"You young man have a lot of explaining to do."

"Mom... how did you..."

"Doesn't matter." She scoffed and glared daggers at Illumi. "How dare you follow your stupid father's path and fall into the same reeking pit. I thought you knew better."

"I was only fixing the problem." Illumi jumped in and stood between us. "You wanted Father to suffer as much as you did right? So I took his toy from his grasp but if we idle too much, they'll soon catch up."

Great. Illumi just stabbed me not in my back but literally in front. I mentally sighed.

He tied a handkerchief around my eyes and mouth to shut me up even though I haven't even said a thing despite all of the mocking. I was busy thinking of a plan to escape from these two lunatics first and foremost.

However, Illumi bound my wrists of something narrow and small, yet strong enough to withstand my attempt to break it apart. I eventually gave up before I graze my arms even further and lose all the energy left in my body.

It didn't took long until the balloon descended on a grassy surface, based on the sounds it produced. The chilly breeze has caused goosebumps on my bare skin this and the harsh wind coming from behind almost gotten me flying which only means one thing.

I'm gonna get transported using a helicopter or worse, helplessly thrown down some cliff without a trace. I couldn't help but swallow a lump down my throat at the scenario I'm about to face.

"You won't dįe easily, if that's what you're thinking." Illumi's mom forcefully uncovered my mouth and whispered on my left ear. "In fact, I'm not really going to kįll you. However, I'll make sure my husband will never look at you the same way again."

This time I couldn't resist the temptation to answer back and before I could control myself, the words flew out there.

"That's funny because ironically, it appears that he doesn't look at you the same way anymore despite me doing nothing."

There was a pause prior to the sharp pain her slap brought into my cheek. It nearly broke my neck. I grunted in pain.

"Don't push your luck bįtch." She growled and definitely tried to hit me again yet her hand didn't land. I'm guessing Illumi stopped her and I was wrong.

"That's enough Kikyo."

I gasped in surprise. That authoritative deep voice was painfully familiar, it got me taken aback. The fact that he's even included in this flight was beyond me. But whatever the reason, it seems like Lady Luck has my back after all.

"She deserves it and more!" She panted in anger and I could visualize her facial reactions due to her dramatic movements, slamming her hands over some metal nearby. "I'll just push her over the fields and watch her body splatter."

A latch has been unlocked and the strong wind blew my hair against my own face. That's the time I felt the fear of dęath waiting for me underneath.

"Calm down." He cut in between her tantrums. "You shouldn't taint your own hands on something trivial as this. Let me do the honors."

Wait what?!