P R O L O G U E

I couldn't fight against the Winter Soldiers iron grip from his metal fingers squeezing at my throat. He had me held in the air and my legs flew into a frenzy, kicking around hopelessly. There was no way I was going to break free. The black spots flashing around in my eyes made it clear that, that was the end of me.

I was going to die. But at least I'd be with my parents.

"(y/n)!" Soft hands shook me awake and I immediately let out a loud gasp, my chest falling up and down heavily with each ragged breath I took. My sweat had laced my bed sheets heavily, dark wet splotches spreading out around me.

My fearful (y/e/c) eyes stared at my best friend, Alyssa who had worry dancing within her chocolate brown eyes. Her hands were rubbing my forearms, trying to rid of the goosebumps that had risen along my arms, my hair jolting upwards from the chills that evacuated my now shaking body.

"You're okay." She murmured comfortingly. She pulled me close to her, rubbing my back softly, not caring that I was drenched in sweat. My arms slinked around her waist as I fell into her, my breathing still ragged. I didn't dare close my eyes or relax because the fear of the soldier busting through my doors again remained superglued into my brain. It was what triggered the constant nightmares I had endured some nights.

Except they had become more frequent the past few nights leading up to today. Why? I'd be meeting the man who had killed my parents and attempted to kill me so he could try and make "amends".