Tender Touches.

Holy moly, it's been a while! I've been working on this chapter on and off for a damn hot minute. My passion has come and gone a lot if I'm honest. But hey, it's FESTIVE SEASON! And y'all deserve a gift.

This one may be a lil shorter than the others, but bear with me as I get my groove back! ❤️

___

But I can show you.

My mind began to sputter as warmth clouded my cheeks, tinting them light pink. There we stood inches apart, Bucky's eyes never wavering from mine.

"Then show me."

I couldn't believe the words that flew from my mouth but another part of me could. I wasn't going to deny that I longed for this moment. Every time we got close, we were thrown further apart. My hands had a mind of their own, gliding up Bucky's arms. One moved off course and rested on his chest, while the other cupped the back of his neck.

My thumb brushed against his skin softly, playing with the ends of his hair. The closer Bucky's lips got to mine, the faster my heart began to beat. Our breath was soon entwined, only a small gap remaining between us.

I was the one to close it.

My lips brushed against his, the familiarity of the feeling coming back. It took me outside of the safe house before Alyssa came busting through the door. But she wasn't here to do that now. The kiss deepened and the small space we were in grew heated.

This was the moment I waited for and it was fucking worth it. Bucky's hands slid from my face down to my hips where he gripped them, fingers dimpling the skin slightly. I snatched his bottom lip between my teeth, biting down on it softly as if not to let him pull away. Not yet.

I didn't want this to end so quickly.

Bucky seemed to understand, tugging me closer. There was practically no space between us as we relished in the kisses we delivered and received.

What would become of us after this moment?
We couldn't go back to the way things were... right?

After what seemed like an eternity, he pulled back and rested his forehead against mine. For once, I was at a loss for words and all I could do was stare right into those oceanic orbs.

"(y/n)?"

"Hm?"

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"Never better," I murmured, a smile tugging my lips.

With a small chuckle, Bucky pulled away. With a soft movement, he brushed a strand of my hair behind my ear. "We should probably get back out there. Don't want Sam trying to pry."

"Oh, he'll pry." I laughed, reaching for the door but I stopped, turning back to look at him. "So... what does this make us?"

Bucky bit his lip, eyeing me down. "I don't know." He answered honestly. I liked that, but still, it had me worried.

"You don't know?" I arched a brow.

"What I mean is... we have some pretty big things to deal with at the moment," Bucky sighed, "We should focus on those, before discussing what we are. But that doesn't mean there's nothing there."

Well, that was obvious. Neither one of us could go about a day pretending that it didn't happen. While his response felt like a kick in the gut, I understood it.

"I get it." That was all I said before walking out of the bathroom and making my way back to my seat.

"You were in there for a while-" Sam began but I held up my hand.

"Lady business, Sam." I lied straight through my teeth but it was enough to get him to shut up. He was always uncomfortable around 'lady business'.

Bucky sat down not long after I did, pulling out his little book Zemo had no issues teasing him about. I glanced over at him, letting my eyes wander down to the design of the book.

It made me wonder who else or what else was etched into those pages. But I knew it was best not to pry.

Our flight continued in utter silence, which allowed me to get comfortable and close my eyes. From there, I drifted off.

Into an unwelcome dream.