Not Captain America

Hi! Author here.. I'm just THANKING YOU all for 900 reads?! Like WHAT. That is such a dream for me... I didn't expect this book to receive such love. You're all my motivation to continue writing, so thank you.

___

I was sandwiched between the two boys as we paced rather quickly down the side of the road, our feet hitting the floor in rhythm. My ears had blocked out what the two boys were discussing as my mind slipped into the dark thoughts that were the copycat soldier.

I'm sure he heard and was aware of what happened on and inside of those two trucks, but why didn't he come out and join in on the fight? He could have easily snatched me back and made my life a hell of a lot worse. Unless... he had a plan to come out again when we least expected it.

The sound of a vehicle rumbling up behind us broke me out of my thoughts and I spun around quickly, ready to attack as I immediately thought the super soldiers were back to lay their attacks down.

"Woah, woah, easy there tiger." John raised his hands to show me he wasn't a threat. The vehicle stopped a few feet ahead of us and he opened up the little door, offering us a ride. "So that didn't go as planned, huh?"

My hands clenched up into fists as I begin to feel angry at John Walkers existence, especially since he was carrying something that didn't belong to him. We walked passed the vehicle they were in, deciding to not acknowledge the fact he was there but the small crackle I felt in my hands made it hard for me.

The rumble of the vehicle they were in was heard once more as the driver rolled the car slowly, moving a little bit in front of us again. "Look, at least we know what we're up against now, huh?" John asked us, "And we're pretty sure it's one of the Big Three, so..."

"Aliens, androids or wizards?" Sam interjected.

"Pretty sure." John confirmed.

"There's no such thing as wizards." Bucky said rather angrily. He was obviously having a hard time being around John Walker, which wasn't surprising. It had to be breaking him from the inside out seeing a random man being declared as Captain America alongside holding Steve's shield.

"Then it's aliens, or androids..." John stated, keeping his calm.

"Or Super Soldiers." I grunted out, holding my stomach as our fast walking was starting to irritate it.

"Shit. Super Soldiers, for real?" Lemar cut in, looking back at us with his arm bent over the back of the truck he was leaning again.

"Obviously." I hissed out.

"Wow. All right, well, then we gotta work together." John announced.

I snorted at the statement, coughing down a laugh. He really thought we'd just drop our own shit to work with him?

"That's not happening." Bucky scoffed, proving my point.

"Just cause you're carrying that shield, doesn't mean you're Captain America." I butt in, feeling more anger fuel within me.

"Look, I've done the work." He replied, looking at me intently. "It's 20 miles to the airport, you guys need a ride. Especially you." He pointed at me, "I can see you collapsing not even halfway there."