Insanity

I let out an agonizing exhale as I was aggressively thrown into the back of the truck by the copycat, my body having collided with the steel ground of the truck harshly but that didn't stop me from talking.

"Why don't you just kill me now?" I wheezed, feeling a little bit winded from the collision as I sat up as best as I could. My arms were bound in front of me with cable ties that were cutting into my wrists. They'd be leaving a mark. I wriggled myself back as well as I could and leaned against the hard black crates that crowded the inside of the truck that didn't leave much space to move within. "You have the chance."

I was ignored.

"Adrian!" The copy cat called out the familiar name of the man I had my "date" with, his eyes peeling away from me, "You're with the hostage. Get in. If she makes a peep, do what you want. You have my permission. Just make sure she's still breathing."

My stomach dropped instantly as I would yet again be in the same vicinity with the man who attacked me first. I wanted to escape, to slink out past the copycat unseen but I knew that I couldn't. Instead, I sat there as still as a statue, my muscles barely moving an inch.

Fear riddled my mind, holding me still and not daring to let me make a peep. Even my breathing, I made sure to keep quiet. Especially when Adrian finally made his arrival and got in the truck, sitting on top of a black crate, his mouth forming into a malicious smirk.

He hoped I'd make one small little peep so he'd have an excuse to beat down on me and make my life a living hell.

"Are you sure you don't want to be in here, sir?" The loyal man asked his boss.

"I need to ensure that we're going the right away. Don't worry, my fun will come in good time." The soldiers voice was creepily low, his eyes turning to mine as he winked. I shuddered in response, my anxiety ripping at my intestines from the wink.

He took one step back and shut the back doors of the truck, locking the latches behind it.

His footsteps got more quiet with each passing second as he walked away from my truck and to somewhere else but as my mind filled with thoughts of Bucky and Sam, I wasn't worried about where the soldier took himself.

What if they were badly hurt?
Were they dead?

My face must have contorted into one of sorry as Adrian had said his first works to me in a purr. "Don't look so worried, sweetheart. Your puny little friends are fine. After all, the soldier wants them to live." He was flipping a knife up and down within his hands and immediately I knew who it was for.

Me.

If I made one singular sound or said one word, that knife would be dragged across my skin or stabbed into it like it meant nothing as punishment. The soldier made it clear he didn't care what happened to me as long as I was still breathing and I had a feeling that Adrian would push my limits. He'd still leave me breathing, but barely if I gave him the opportunity.

His feet made a loud thud in the truck and he crouched down in front of me, "Come on," he tormented, begging for me to make a sound. "Let some words fall out of that pretty little mouth of yours." Fingers of his touched at my cheek which was glistening with tears that I didn't notice had fallen. The touch made me want to sink and curl up into a ball in a deep dark empty hole and sleep forever.

"I want that bodyguard of yours to see what exactly I could have done to you if he hadn't have interrupted our work." He then moved his hands in an urging motion, "So, come on. Talk."

He wanted to hurt me. Horribly. His eyes were shining with insanity but also revenge. Revenge he had for James because he was the reason as to how I got away safely and alive. All I did was scoot backwards away from him, hitting the other side of the truck, my body sat in between two of the mysterious crates. My body lurched upward as I silently sobbed, trying my hardest not to make a sound.

I was trapped and alone with a psychopath who wanted to get off on the idea of hurting me. Images of him yanking my head back by my hair and gliding the blade over my throat filled my mind and I shuddered again, looking down at my restrained hands.

Without meaning to, a sob had left my body and I froze up, knowing I did the one thing I was trying not to do. "Ah! There it is. Finally." Adrian beamed with a psychotic excitement, immediately crouching back down in front of my trembling body. He flipped the knife up, holding it tightly by it's handle.

The blade was intimidating to look at as it rested in the hands of a maniac. I wanted to plead over and over again for him not to touch me but there was no point because all he wanted to do was drag it along my skin and cause me pain.

Where's my electricity when I need it? I screamed in my mind, begging for it to shine back through my hands but there was nothing. Adrian's free hand jerked my head up by my chin, forcing me to look into his chaotic eyes which were shadowed with nothing but the intention to make me scream.

"Please don't..." I whispered, my brain deciding that I would make the hopeless pleas I knew wouldn't get me out.

"Oh, but I want to." His head dipped forward, mouth inches away from mine. The sounds of the trucks engine drowned out around me as I slipped into nothing but layers of fear.

The only thing my ears picked up, now, was the slicing of the knives blade through my skin, as he dragged it from the top of my shoulder and down over my collar bone. "Wow." He breathed, staring down wide eyed at the red mess he caused to drip down my chest as if it were his masterpiece.

"Pl-" my mouth opened to beg again but I was abruptly cut off as Adrian grabbed me by my ankles and yanked me forward harshly. My head flung down, smacking against the steel floor with loud bang. My vision had blurred for a few seconds before returning back to normal.

I had no time to make the blow softer as I wasn't expecting to be yanked to oblivion and beyond.

My body stiffened, and I felt numbness crawl it's filthy fingers over my stomach and my chest so I felt nothing except for Adrian lifting up my shirt to reveal my fading but still tender bruises.

"What an immaculate piece of art. Don't you think, (y/n)?" He chuckled maniacally. He went to go slice my stomach up to cause me to bleed more, but just as the point of the already stained red blade touched my yellow skin, he pulled it away. Instead he set the knife back into his pocket, before slamming his back hand against my stomach, hitting the bruises harshly. My body jerked up in response and I let out a scream, the numbness disappearing as the pain smashed through the layers of my body like they meant nothing.

"Scream again for me, that was beautiful." Adrian smirked, laying another punch to my bruises and I let out the exact same scream. My hands curled up against each other in the restraints I had, nails digging back into my palms harshly.

Right then and there, I wanted to die rather than suffer the pain I was dealing with. My stomach felt like it was pulsating from the punches he had laid down on me aggressively and I felt bile rise up into my throat, begging to be released from how nauseous I felt but I swallowed it back down forcefully.

Adrian didn't stop, it was like he was feeding an addiction craving he had for years. His hand slid up my stomach, over my shirt before his fingers wrapped around my throat, hoisting me up so I was sat up harshly. His face was once again inches from mine and my breathing had quickened into sharp and shaky exhales. "I could have you barely breathing." He hissed in my face, his tongue shooting out and licking his lips.

"You're a psycho." I wheezed out, swallowing the lump that had formed in my throat against his fingers.

"Restrained, bleeding, bruised and you still manage to let an attitude seep out of you. I don't know if I'm impressed or angry." He growled, his hand dropping from my throat before whipping it against my cheek, back handing me hard. I spat out the blood that had pooled in my mouth at the floor beside me. "Where's that electricity when you need it, hm? Give me a taste of it." He tormented me before he grabbed my restrained hands, shaking them in front of me.

"No where." He answered himself, his shoulders shaking with laughter. I couldn't tell if he sounded disappointed or desperate.

Suddenly the trucks doors flung open, causing Adrian to spin around to look at the cause.

James.