Arrested Pt. One

It took me a fair few days to write this - I was in and out of my slump. Nonetheless, I hope you enjoy.

___

The sun was shining brightly through my window, kissing my skin with the warmth it radiated - it was a comforting feeling. I was sat down in my chair that was located in my bedroom, sitting in front of the window with a mug of hot chocolate. I couldn't resist the tapping of my nails against the heated cup as I thought deeply about the night Bucky remembered. However, I was avoiding his calls and his texts.

Including Sam's.

Apart of me just couldn't face him for now. It wasn't because I was scared of Bucky because I wasn't. Not anymore. In fact, I had begun to trust him with my life, and him telling me what he did a few nights ago just added to the already growing seed that was planted.

My hands brought the mug to my lips and the warm sweet liquid seeped through them and slid down my throat. The only thing missing from the drink were marshmallows... I had to make a mental note to buy those later.

"(y/n)?" Alyssa's knock and very cautious voice on the other side of my door broke through and brought me back to reality. She sounded like she didn't want to mention anything. "Sam's here. He says it's... important."

My body lifted up off my cushioned seat immediately and I tensed up. I hadn't spoken to Sam or seen him since the incident with the Super Soldiers and at this point in time, I still didn't particularly want to lay eyes on the man. My stubbornness refused to let me contact him and it was trying to get me to fight back like a baby and get Alyssa to make him leave. Two mini me's formed on my shoulder; an angel and a devil.

It's important. You have to go. The angel was desperate.

He was an asshole - stay stubborn. The devil urged me to stay put.

"I'll be down in a minute." I reluctantly vocalized, the angel having won the argument. Whether I was in the mood for Sam's existence or not, if he insists it's important, it most likely is.

The journey from my bedroom to the downstairs area of my home felt like forever. I turned a corner and looked into my dining room area, seeing Sam sitting down with an already made cup of coffee resting his hands.

Awkwardness filled the room instantly. Alyssa cleared her throat, breaking the tense silence. "Well, I'll uh, leave you two to it then." She pointed to the doorway leading into the living room to gesture where she was going. Clicking noises from her mouth were heard as she wandered off, pushing passed me gently.

"What's wrong?" I asked Sam, who was eyeing me rather curiously. His eyes were slightly squinted- he was trying to read me.

My stomach lurched up into my throat and I immediately knew that I was somewhat in trouble.

"What's wrong with you?" Sam shot back, his chocolate brown eyes darkening a little bit. There it is. He took a sip of his coffee, setting the blue mug down a little harshly. It was a surprise that the black liquid didn't slosh out around the brim.

"Not-"

The mans prodding voice cut me off, "Don't lie. You've ignored my calls and texts alongside Bucky. He told me what had happened, you know. In the alleyway. Why didn't you tell me?"

"Did you come here with a purpose or to just yell at me, Sam?" I attested, wanting a subject change and crossing my arms over my chest tightly.

I know I was in the wrong and that I shouldn't have ignored anything - especially when there was a target on my head but I just needed the space. I needed to breathe... my brain needed a break.