1 - 7

Levi lays on the floor of the barn, unmoving, until Hange comes to get him.

He doesn't know what just happened. Well, more like he knows, but his brain can't process it. 

He enjoys sparring with you. Although he usually has the upper hand, you're unpredictable and it makes for a good challenge. You're more interesting to fight than just about anyone else in the Survey Corps (save for Erwin) and it keeps him on edge.

It's true that lately he's been a bit more... hyperaware. Flipping you and feeling your chest pressed against his back. Straddling you and seeing you splayed out underneath him, muscles tensed and face flushed. Things he most definitely shouldn't be noticing that he's paying acute attention to anyways.

He was content to suffer with his feelings. Bury them. But he's been slipping lately, complimenting you- and Hange's not making it any easier.

Regardless, he thought it was one-sided. He should just forget about whatever the hell he felt for you because there was no way you felt the same.

And then you kissed him.

Levi brings his hand to his face and lightly taps his fingers against his lips. He can still feel the pressure there, as fleeting as it was.

His face feels like it's on fire.

"What the hell," Levi whispers.

He hadn't even tried to make a move on you. You came on to him. You. He didn't have to. 

You like him too.

...Maybe?

Or were you really just trying to catch him off guard and that's all it was? Have you- have you caught onto his feelings and are trying to use those against him? Levi bolts upright, sitting up and using his hands to prop himself up straight. There's no way you were that cruel. Sure, you were ruthless in the underground, but you weren't that person anymore. No way. You wouldn't do that. Would you?

"I'm overthinking this," Levi mutters with a scowl, falling onto his back again and pressing his palms to his forehead. "Fuck."

There's a bang as the barn door is thrown open. Levi jerks himself up to his feet as Hange stomps in, shaking rain from their hair. "Levi!" they chirp. "Are we going, or what? Where's Logan?"

"She left already," he says shortly.

"Left without her jacket?"

Levi glances at where he dropped his cloak. You left without your coat? How flustered were you? The thought makes him feel a bit better; at least he wasn't the only one that was having some sort of reaction to what you did.

"I guess," Levi says nonchalantly. He pulls his cloak on and grabs your jacket. "I'll drop it off."

"Alright. Rain's lightening up, Rani thinks it's going to stop by the time we're back," Hange says brightly, watching him get his cloak back on. "What'd you do to make her leave without her jacket? Is she mad at you?"

Levi strides past them. "None of your business, Four Eyes."

"What happened?" 

"I'll meet you at the stables."

He storms out without looking back.

.

You throw yourself inside your barracks, soaked to the bone. There's still some daylight out, so the run back wasn't bad, but just about every other girl has reported back to the barracks as well, desperate to get out of the rain.

Lucky for you, most of the girls have already been in the baths and out again, so there's an open spot for you. The warm water is absolutely heavenly, and it gives you some time to digest what just happened.