4 - 8

You're floating.

It feels like you're drifting away from a perfect dream. Like you're sinking into the softest sand known to mankind. Like your entire body weighs no more than a feather, laying on the sea and floating aimlessly as the waves send you whatever way they'd like.

You blink.

What happened?

You force yourself up to a sitting position. You're on the ground, the rock hard underneath you. Steam is floating around you, like a soft fog that's enveloping your surroundings. You frown, giving yourself a once over. Nothing looks injured, and you can't feel any pain anywhere.

Wait- you were about to be turned into a titan.

Were you? A titan?

You clutch at your head. Words from Eren are lingering in your brain, words you don't remember being there before- is that important right now?

Levi.

Your eyes widen, and you spin around.

People are everywhere, spread out across the ground. The first person you see is Jean, glancing down at his hands in disbelief, and Reiner's right next to him. Connie and Sasha are nearby, picking themselves up off the ground, and Gabi's already on her feet.

Levi. Where's Levi? Is he okay?

"Logan!" you hear someone call in relief, and you turn your head. Sasha's beaming at you. "You were right! We made it!"

You all made it.

Everyone made it.

Tears of relief feel like they're welling up in your eyes. Connie's clutching onto Sasha, sobbing something about his mother, and when you look up, you can see Reiner walking towards you.

He sticks out a hand. "You're okay?"

You nod and take his hand, letting him haul you up from the ground. "You?" you ask, knowing that Reiner went through way too much shit today to come out unscathed.

Reiner nods. "Yeah."

You're not sure where it comes from, but in a split second decision, you lunge forwards, wrapping your arms around his shoulders. Reiner seems surprised for a moment before his arms go around your waist and he hugs you back.

You blink tears out of your eyes as you pull back. "You always did give the best hugs," you joke weakly.

Reiner seems speechless, like he can't quite figure out what to say. Instead, he just pinches his lips together and he nods.

Your mind clears. "Levi," you say quickly, turning in a full circle. "Where is he?"

"I saw him," Reiner confirms, and your shoulders sink in relief. "Not sure where he is now, but I know I saw him."

You nod, turning around and scanning the area again. There's something fishy about the smoke- are you hallucinating, or are those people appearing in the steam? That doesn't feel right- maybe you smacked your head or something after all.

There's some scuffling behind you, and you turn to see Jean pushing himself to his feet. "Is that him?" he asks, pointing somewhere in the distance. 

You narrow your eyes, following where he's pointing. Jean's pointing at a rock, and you're about to ask him to clarify when you see exactly what he's pointing at. There's feet sticking out, like someone's leaning against the rock with their legs kicked out.

You don't even think; you start to run. Behind you, you hear Jean inhale sharply and choke out, "Marco?"

You don't have the mental capacity to think about what he's saying. Your eyes are glued to the figure by the rock, legs moving of their own accord. As you move closer, you realize that Jean was right- it is Levi. He's leaning against the rock, head tipped back.