Exorcism of Luz Noceda (Amity Blight POV)

"Luz!" "Half-a-Witch" Willow, her other friends, and I shouted as she caught her. She was out cold and looked sickly pale. "Luz, wake up!"

"What's wrong with her?" I asked, kneeling next to her. I placed my hand on her head; it was unnaturally warm. "She's burning up."

"Her hand." "Half-a-Witch's" friend spoke up. "Look at her hand."

We looked over at Luz's right hand and saw two newly formed black marks that weren't there before. "Bite marks?" I guessed as I looked at the others.

"Where did these come from?" Luz's little demon friend asked with worry.

"Bitten by one o' these bloomin' Shadow Hounds from the looks o' it." The stranger spoke up as he began making his way towards us.

I stood up and faced him. "Stay back!" I shouted in an overprotective tone. "Don't come any closer or so help me... I will cast a Fireball at you!"

He stopped and raised his hands. "Alright, jus' be cushy there. Ya don't wan' t' do sumthin' ye migh' regret."

"Amity, he saved our lives." "Half-a-Witch" spoke up, looking at me before returning her attention back to the unconscious Human.

"But we don't know who he is," I responded. "He could be dangerous." I didn't want a stranger with spells I've never seen before to come near her.

"But he might know what's wrong with Luz." "Half-a-Witch's" friend reasoned. "He sounds like he knows what those things are." He paused. "Or were."

"Right, I do. These were Shadow Hounds like I said. Corrupted spirits created from a Search-an'-Capture spell." He removed the white strand of lit paper from his mouth and huffed out some smoke. "These ones were conditioned t' go after anythin' that emits magical energy." He points at me, "Half-a-Witch" and her friend. "They must've picked up the energies radiatin' off ye three."

It makes sense now. That's why they didn't go after the illusions of Luz or her little demon friend. "But why is Luz sick?" Said little demon friend asked with irritation, which I can share in.

"The malarkey in their drool is toxic t' normal Humans like 'er. I can try an' save 'er if ye'll lemme give it a go."

"Her fever's getting worse." "Half-a-Witch" told me as she and the others gave me concerned looks.

"Fine." I lowered my hand.

"Right, glad we're on the same page." The man clapped his hands. "First, we need t' get 'er sumwhere safe." He looked around. "Out o' these bloomin' woods, t' be precise. Then I can work me magic, literally."

"We need to get her to the Owl House." The little demon exclaimed loudly. "Eda would be able to help." He looked up and left and right. "Ugh. I just wish I knew where we were."

The stranger took the lit paper from his mouth and crushed it in his hand. "Et commercia quidem in hac flamma iter superbia fumi. Virtutis ne mihi! Ducant me ad Owl Aegolius Domus!" He opened his hand, and a flurry of smoke flew out of his hand and into the woods, leaving a dark gray and foul-smelling trail behind.

Cough! Cough! I accidentally inhaled some of it. Cough! Cough! "That is disgusting."

"Come on, the smoke'll lead the way." The man said as he walked over to the unconscious Luz and scooped her up into his arms.

I kept pace beside him with the others as we followed the trail. Even though he said he'll help, that doesn't mean I trust him. "Answer one question for me, will you." I insisted. "How do you know about all of this."