Endeavor of Fate (Amity POV)

Amity. That voice... Madame Lilith... She sounds sad, but why? Human. Human? Luz. She was talking to Luz. Why... my body... it hurts. Everything hurts. Amity, no. You have to wake up! Madame Lilith... Luz... Please, wake up! That was Madame Lilith's voice, but she didn't sound like a teacher. She sounded like a mother.

Titan... oh Titan, I remember. Luz... she was going to die if I didn't push her out of the way. But that would mean I took the lightning. Oh, dear Titan... am I dead? But if I were dead, why would I be feeling all this? Hearing all this? Unless... I tried to open my eyes; even doing that felt unbearable.

Boosh!

No, don't! Another voice... Constantine? It had to be him. But who's he shouting at? It couldn't be Madame Lilith; I still felt her hold me close; I can hear her sobs, feel her tears land on my face. That only leaves... Luz... "Luz..." It hurt, but I could feel the word leave my lips.

Amity? Madame Lilith uttered. "Amity?" I still struggled to open my eyes, but I could finally see something. The color of the world was returning. There was a pale shape in front of me with a bit of dark blue around it and a hint of green... cyan, to be specific... within it. "Amity." Once my vision cleared, I could perfectly see everything. My teacher looked down at me; her eyes cycled through different emotions, beginning with sorrow, then to relief, and landing on joy.

"Madame... Lilith..." Cough! Cough! Cough!

"You're... you're alive." Madame Lilith's words were choked, not that I could blame her. I tried to force myself out of her arms, but I just ended up wheezing as pain coursed up and down my body. "Don't move." My teacher drew a circle over my body, and I could feel energy surround me. It was warm and soothing, and I could feel the pain slowly being replaced with my strength returning.

"Thank you," I said as I tried to force myself up again. The pain was still there, but it was no longer unbearable.

"Steady yourself." Madame Lilith was careful helping me to my feet. "I'm sorry I couldn't use more magic to heal you instantly." She looked at her hand. "I've spent more than I would've liked already. But the effects should be healing you as we speak."

"I can feel it." I took a step forward, only to nearly fall back down. But my teacher caught me.

"Don't push yourself. You still need to recover from..."

"Almost being dead?" Lilith did not answer right away but did finally nod. "But how did I come back? I didn't feel you use any necromancy or other forbidden spells." Then it hit me. As crazy as it may sound, it's the only explanation that makes sense. Like how Luz fought for her life against being possessed, it wasn't her body fighting; it was her soul. So, as far as my body was concerned, I did die from that attack. But deep down, I knew I couldn't leave this world yet.

Not without telling Luz... "Luz!" I looked around but couldn't find her. I remember Constantine was shouting at her, trying to stop her from doing something.

"Amity?"

I turned to my teacher. "Where's Luz?" Then, there was a golden light that seemed to come from nowhere. It nearly blinded Madame Lilith and I. Boosh! My gaze shifted to where it could be coming from. Boosh! The Enchantress unleashed her flames upon something. I recognized the figure. "Luz!"

Bwoosh! The green flames then dispersed from a wave of golden light. It was so strong that it knocked the Enchantress back. No way that could be coming from Luz. She may be talented with her glyphs and quickly picked up those backward spells, but no mortal should have access to this kind of power.