Amity's Decision (Amity Blight POV)

My eyelids felt like they weighed a ton as I struggled to open them. My ears rang, and my head... ugh, my head... it feels like it's going to split in half. "Hey, kid. Get up." I turned to the voice and saw Luz's teacher trying to help her up. "Take it easy." She was struggling as much as I was. But there was a relief in knowing she's alright. I couldn't bear the thought if I... if she...

"L... Luz..." I weakly called out. "Luz..."

The human rubbed her forehead and squinted as she turned her head to me. "Amity..." She called out. "Eda... Amity..."

"Hang on; I got you." Her teacher replied and helped walk Luz over to me. Together, they helped me up to my feet. My headache grew worse for a moment but subsided as quickly as it came.

"I'm so sorry, Amity." Luz sniffled as tears of relief streamed down her cheeks. "I should've listened to Constantine. I shouldn't have dragged you, Willow, Gus, or King into this."

"Willow..." I looked around. "Ugh..." Turning my head was giving me what felt like a slight migraine. "Where..."

"They're gone." The Owl Lady answered.

Luz and I turned to her. I could feel my heart beating faster, anxiety building up. Luz looked like she was about to break down herself. "Y... You don't mean..."

Luz's teacher looked at us with confusion for a moment, then slapped her forehead. "Sorry, sorry, poor choice of words. I meant they're not here, but they're safe."

Luz and I both let out sighs of relief. Luz is already feeling troubled by what happened here; I doubt she'd be able to handle learning someone died from this. And Willow... if she... if she... Why am I worried about her? We're not friends anymore... We're not...

"Well, where are they?" Luz asked.

"King, your friends, and that spirit are at the House of Mystery. Lily opened a portal for them." Eda explained. "But it was destroyed before Orchid or Lily could take you two through."

"Where is Madame Lilith?" I asked.

"Heck, if I know. She flew off deeper into the temple to find Constantine and finish off the Enchantress."

"Why aren't you with her?"

The Owl Lady fell silent for a moment. "She asked me to stay behind to make sure you both are safe. And to help me free everyone that's been taken and bring back to the Owl House. I should be able to brew up some rejuvenating potions to get them back to normal." I could feel it in my chest; there's something she's not telling us.

Sniff. Sniff. Luz stuck her nose in the air. Sniff. Sniff. Then pinched it with a look of disgust. "Ugh... what is that awful smell?" She asked.

Sniff. Sniff. I finally picked up a whiff as well. I pinched my nose and covered my mouth, feeling like I was going to throw up.

"Oh, that's just what's left of Nolan." The Owl Lady said as she pointed behind us. We followed her finger to see a pile of ash and scorch marks where we once fought against him. "You can thank my sister for that."

"Yeesh, that looks like a painful way to go."

While I have no sympathy for the man, I had to agree. "Per meo nomine meo vitae. Mando signare locat."Looking further ahead, we spotted Jason Blood standing underneath the portal. The portal was larger than when we last saw it. I could make out the silhouettes of creatures. They must've been what Nolan and Enchantress were trying to summon to the Isles. They pounded their fists on an invisible wall. They wanted out, and Blood wasn't letting them go anywhere. "Ms. Clawthorne." Blood spoke. "Would you be so kind as to do what you must do already? The fewer distractions I have, the easier it will be to close the portal and prevent the Isles from being overrun."