House of Mystery (Luz Noceda POV)

Eda drew a circle and extended her hands into the newly made portal. From it, she pulled out a glass pitcher filled with a crimson liquid that read, "Eda's Homemade Apple Blood." It had two sticky notes on it that read, "Do not touch... I'm referring to you, Luz & King." As well as two drinking glasses. "Here." She handed one of the glasses to the man named Constantine. "This is some of the strongest stuff on the Boiling Isles. I guarantee."

Constantine had downed his drink before Eda even had a chance to pour hers. The blonde man knocked his head back, closing his eyes and pursing his lips. "Ye weren't exaggeratin'." He replied. "Ye need t' share ya secret recipe."

"Sorry, you ain't getting it." Eda placed the pitcher back into the portal and closed it.

"And speaking of "getting it," can we get to the topic at hand?" I asked aloud; Willow, Gus, Amity, and King nodding in agreement.

"Alrigh'," Constantine responded as he slouched back onto the couch. "Ask away, Squire."

"Who are you really? I mean, you gave us business cards and all, but I've never heard of you and Eda's never told me about you. And she pretty much knows all the powerful magic wielders on the Boiling Isles."

"Undo omnimodo haec inlusio." Constantine snapped his fingers, and his ears changed from the pointed ears all inhabitants of the Boiling Isles have to rounder ears. "That's because I'm not from the Isles. An' better if no one else knows that."

"De ninguna manera!" I shouted as the others gasped. "You're a Human, like me!"

"Well, not exac'ly like ya. For starters, I'm from London."

"What kind of place is that?" Gus asked him and me with curiosity, undoubtedly having more questions than that.

"It's a city in my world," I answered.

"Oh yeah, I know where you're talking about," Eda added. "Owlbert's gotten some pretty shiny valuables from that place." Hoot. Owlbert had flown from Eda's staff and dropped a jewel-encrusted crown into her lap before he perched on her shoulder. He affectionately rubbed against her cheek. "Who's a good little collector." She petted him with her fingers. "You are, yes, you are."

"But if he's from the Human Realm, how can he cast magic without drawing glyphs?" Willow asked.

"Or without a circle?" Amity added.

"And he says those weird words." Gus brought up.

"Ya're all right. Ordinary Humans can't cast magic, as dictated by the unspoken rules of the universe." Constantine had answered before a proud smile grew on his face. "But then, there're blokes like me. I'm what ye'd call a cheater. I turn them rules on their head."

"Hm. I like you more already." Eda said before sipping more of her apple blood.

"Huh, so this is what Eda would look like if she were a Human," King said. "And male."

Eda swiped her gray hair to the side. "Please, I'd be way more handsome."

"Is it possible for us to learn the magic you can do?" I asked with enthusiasm and eagerness to learn more spells.

"Eh, that depends." Constantine began to list off with his fingers. "Can ye speak backwards without gettin' tongue-tied? Recite a brown bread language as well as ye can recite ya first? Have a magical bloodline? Cop ye mitts on a magical artifact that requires ye t' trade a part o' ya humanity? Or made a deal wit' an Old God or Archdemon? The last one I strongly suggest against." I remained silent, as I couldn't say "yes" to any of those. "Trust me, ye're better off learnin' the way ye are."