chapter 10

"I think my face is going to fall off," Lisa laughed.

The two of them were sitting on Lisa's bed. It was twin sized, which forced them to be closer together. Neither of them minded that at all. Chaeyoung was leaning against the headboard and Lisa was laying against Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung's arms were clasped loosely around Lisa.

Chaeyoung strained to look at her, quite alarmed at her admission. When she saw her smiling, she relaxed. "Why?"

"I've been smiling all day. And now my face hurts, but I can't stop," Lisa answered through her laughter.

"You're so cute," Chaeyoung shook her head and resumed her previous position. "Why have you been smiling?" she asked even though she already knew. She just wanted to hear her say it.

"You," Lisa answered simply.

"Me?" Chaeyoung asked coyly as her smile returned.

"Mhm. And it's so weird because you've never noticed until I lost my journal," Lisa noted. "I always used to smile because of you. Literally, all the time."

"I just thought you were happy," Chaeyoung giggled. "I'm probably the most oblivious person on earth...”

"Not the most... But you're definitely in the top three," Lisa teased.

"Shut up," Chaeyoung responded playfully. "You should be nice to me, because I could easily push you off of the bed."

"Like you would though," Lisa challenged.

"Try me," Chaeyoung quipped with a smirk.

"I won't," she laughed, because Lisa wasn't exactly sure how to "try her". So she just dropped the conversation there.

She leaned further into Chaeyoung and much to her delight, Chaeyoung's grip on her tightened. She was being held securely by the girl of her dreams. Lisa's head fit perfectly between Chaeyoung's neck and shoulder. She was so close to her now. And Chaeyoung's scent was heavenly. She was so hesitant to do anything before, but as the time passed, so did her tentativeness. Lisa turned slightly and cuddled into Chaeyoung's side. Chaeyoung smiled subconsciously and trailed her fingers along her side. Lisa leaned up and pressed her lips to her neck chastely. She was finally able to act on the impulses she'd always had. Now that she was uninhibited, she barely knew what to do with herself.

Lisa was looking up at Chaeyoung's side profile, and she struggled to find a flaw. She looked at her few acne spots and completely disregarded it. She saw her eyebrows and thought they were flawless. She thought they suited her. Chaeyoung was so cute. She knew Chaeyoung have insecurities, but she couldn't bring herself to find something wrong with any of it.

"This is perfect," Chaeyoung sighed as she continued caressing Lisa's side. She'd mindlessly began drawing shapes. She stilled her hand and simply rested it on her thigh.

"Yeah," Lisa nodded. "It feels so natural."

"Right?" Chaeyoung agreed. She'd cuddled with Lisa before, but never so intimately like this. To her, it had always been platonic. Now, she felt a lot with the simple gesture.

Lisa did too, but she was focusing on keeping her cool. She would definitely have to write about this later. She could lose her shit then. But not now. Now was too perfect to disrupt by her embarrassing fangirling ways. But she couldn't help the way she kept thinking about how their dynamic had drastically changed over the past week.

She'd gone from being basically ignored to having all of her attention. From dreaming, thinking, and wishing about kissing her to actually kissing her. Three times, to be exact. She had to hold in the squeal that was threatening to escape. It probably would involuntarily. She was so fucking happy, that was the only way she knew how to express it.