chapter 15

To Lisa, Chaeyoung's admission made no difference. She wasn't conscious of what mental analysis Chaeyoung had just gone through. She didn't know that Chaeyoung meant it differently than when she'd uttered those same words thirty seconds ago. She wondered why she'd repeated it, but assumed it was because she hadn't responded.

A peculiar smell wafted through the air, and Lisa immediately ripped herself from Chaeyoung's embrace. They were burning their damn pancakes. Lisa flipped it over. The underside was burnt, which didn't come as a surprise. At least she didn't set the house on fire. Maybe cooking with Chaeyoung shouldn't become a norm. They got distracted far too easily.

"It's not too bad..." Chaeyoung commented wryly.

"Chaeyoung, it's black," Lisa countered with a giggle. She thought that if this were a cartoon, the pancake would've surely crumbled into dust. The poor thing was completely singed.

"Let's start over then," she suggested.

This time, they were attentive to their pancake. Lisa didn't take her eyes off of it. Not even once. Chaeyoung was having a good time trying to distract her though. Kisses weren't working. Holding her in different positions weren't either. She whispered sweet nothings into her ear, to no avail. All she got was a cute little smile. She didn't have Lisa's attention right now. But that was better than burning the house down, she supposed.

With their uncharred pancakes, the girls filed back into the living room. Lisa had Chaeyoung in her lap, who was happily devouring her pancakes. Lisa only wanted one right now. Or what would've been the size of one. The pancakes they cooked were often the size of four. Or five. They were gigantic. Because they didn't have the patience to cut it into equal halves, Chaeyoung was just forking small portions into Lisa's mouth. It was a messy job.

Their playful mood from earlier had returned. Chaeyoung's method of feeding Lisa soon turned from sort of romantic to very childish. She began teasing Lisa, maneuvering the fork to make it difficult for her girlfriend to bite it. She started making airplane noises and everything. But she was so entertained, Lisa went along with it. She soon ended up sticky. The syrup kept dripping onto her shirt, but she didn't care. And Chaeyoung's back was sticky too, because she kept leaning into Lisa. She was so tickled by her own antics, she threw her head back in laughter every few seconds.

"You're so dumb," Lisa laughed along.

"You love me," Chaeyoung countered with a knowing smirk.

"I do," Lisa agreed.

"Mhm," Chaeyoung kissed her sweetly. Literally, because she tasted like syrup now. "And I love you too."

Lisa didn't respond to that. She just pulled Chaeyoung closer. She knew she'd regret it later when they'd have to detach themselves. They were so gross. Maybe they could shower. Nope. No images of naked Chaeyoung. No. She shouldn't think of that now. Not here. Not with Chaeyoung in her lap. Thankfully, the said girl provided a distraction.

"Valentine's Day is coming up," she hinted. Ever since they'd been official, Chaeyoung was racking her brain for some romantic gesture towards Lisa. She wanted to go all out for her, regardless of if she would receive anything in return.

"Yeah, I know," Lisa smiled. She'd secretly been doing the same thing. Her planning skills weren't the best, but she was willing to try.

"Do we have plans?" Chaeyoung asked slyly.

"Not as of now... But I'm definitely getting something for you," Lisa answered.

"Well, I am too. Maybe then we can go on an actual date?" Chaeyoung suggested. "You know, where you dress up and look even more beautiful than you usually do? Like at a dinner or something?"