chapter 28

Sleeping positions always seemed to come back to haunt Lisa the moment she woke up. Now was no different. She lifted her head off of Chaeyoung with a severe strain in her neck, then reached to rub it in an attempt to soothe it. Falling asleep on someone's shoulder was cute, but she definitely shouldn't stay that way. The knot in her neck was annoying. The ten hour flight only intensified the discomfort.

Her eyes slowly opened and she took in the view out of the window. They were steadily descending. The city was coming into view as the clouds faded away, making Lisa feel giddy. They were almost there.

"Rosie, wake up," Lisa called as she shook her leg vigorously, without tearing her eyes away from the window.

"What?" Chaeyoung grumbled with her eyes still closed. Her face contorted into a frown when Lisa's shaking wouldn't stop. "What?" she asked again as she opened one eye to glare at her.

"Sorry," Lisa said softly, acknowledging the angry look she was getting. "I just thought you'd like to look out of the window..." she explained as her finger tapped against the glass.

Chaeyoung's initial annoyance dissipated as she leaned over to look out of the window. The view was amazing. They were relatively low to the ground and would probably be landing soon. The city was already awake and very much alive, although neither girls were certain of the time. Many rivers and canals were visible from above and as they looked down at the civilization, they couldn't help but grow a little excited. Chaeyoung wanted to capture this moment, but she wasn't so sure if she could.

"Do cameras count as electronics?" Chaeyoung questioned, knowing that everything should be off so they don't risk interfering with the plane. Regardless, she rummaged through the bag for the Polaroid she'd taken along.

"I don't think so... But I wouldn't take it out. Just in case," Lisa reasoned, not too eager to have the plane crash due to Chaeyoung's desire for photography.

"You're right," Chaeyoung sighed as she gently lowered the bag back onto the floor. "Sorry I snapped at you," she apologized meekly.

"You're like that every time you wake up," Lisa laughed. She never took it personally. Irritable Chaeyoung was something she'd gotten used to over time.

"I am? Damn, I'm sorry," Chaeyoung frowned.

"It's fine," Lisa brushed it off.

"I'll be better in the mornings from now on," Chaeyoung promised as she leaned over to kiss Lisa's cheek.

"Are you implying that we'll be sleeping together more often?" Lisa asked cheekily, taking her bottom lip in between her teeth.

"Sure," Chaeyoung nodded. "I love sleeping with you. I would every night if I could, because I get the best sleep when you're there with me."

"Why don't we?" Lisa asked.

"My mom is always concerned about school in the next morning and shit," Chaeyoung responded.

"Are you sure that's not just another cover-up because she doesn't like me?" Lisa frowned a little. Something always seemed to come up to remind her that she didn't, although nothing had in a while.

"No, she really believes that. It's the same with you as it is with Somi or Jennie or someone. She doesn't like me doing anything on school nights. It's not because she doesn't like you, Lili," Chaeyoung explained.

"Oh. I still don't think she does," Lisa mumbled before pursing her lips and gazing out of the window again.

"You may not be her favorite person... But if she didn't like you at all, I guarantee you would not be here right now," Chaeyoung said as she raised an eyebrow. Sugarcoating the truth wouldn't get them anywhere, so she strove to be up front and honest.