chapter 19

Following the events of last night, Chaeyoung and Lisa ended up at Chaeyoung's house. The two snuck back inside at around one in the morning, because Chaeyoung didn't trust that Lisa would get home unnoticed. So she just proposed that she spend the night at her house.

They'd fallen asleep sharing hazy kisses. Their atmosphere was relaxed. Lisa fell asleep in Chaeyoung's arms a few minutes after they'd gotten inside. Chaeyoung just watched her in adoration, but soon succumbed to sleep as well. They were only in underwear, having shed their clothes because they were hot under the blankets. Chaeyoung's head was on top of Lisa's chest, and her entire body was curled into her girlfriend. She didn't need a blanket when she had the warmth from her girlfriend's body. Lisa was sprawled out underneath her, with her legs intertwined with Chaeyoung's.

Rosalie knocked timidly at the door. When she got no response, she chuckled to herself and entered Chaeyoung's room. She was a little shocked to find Lisa in Chaeyoung's bed. Did she say she was sleeping over? Perhaps it slipped her mind. Either way, she crossed her room to wake the both of them up. When she walked up to the foot of the bed, she was shocked again. Chaeyoung was completely wrapped up with Lisa. Her daughter's face was buried into Lisa's chest, and Lisa was holding her so tightly. And they weren't wearing shirts.

Rosalie was a little confused, to say the least. She knew Lisa was best friends with her daughter, but she didn't know they were that close. It was a little weird. Their behavior had been odd lately. Lisa never used to come over this much. Her visits were always sparing, and she never stayed for long. But she'd been sleeping over a handful of times over the past month. And when they used to spend the night, they were always on separate sides of her bed in the morning. When she approached the pair, she saw that under the covers, they weren't two figures. Their bodies were meshing. Their legs were intertwined. Rosalie's expression changed slightly. Her suspicions were slowly being confirmed. Instead of rousing them from their sleep, she slipped out of the room and back down to the kitchen.

"Mason..." Rosalie trailed as she approached her husband.

"What?" Mason responded.

"I saw something... Interesting," Rosalie trailed as she sat across from him.

"What?" he repeated, only a tad more interested than two seconds prior.

"Chaeyoung and Lisa were in bed, shirtless," she disclosed.

"It got kind of humid last night," Mason shrugged.

"They were on top of each other," Rosalie emphasized.

"They're best friends. Girls can get away with that sort of thing," Mason shook his head.

"Maybe..." Rosalie relented. She frowned and thought back to the way she found the two of them, but brushed it off. Unconscious cuddling. That's what she was going with.

"Well, do you still think Lisa is gay?" Mason wondered out loud.

Someone clambered down the stairs with heavy feet, whom they only assumed to be Kai. Their conversation ended with a brisk nod of Rosalie's head. They were proven right when their son entered the kitchen, yawning and stretching.

"Morning," he grumbled sleepily.

"Good morning," Rosalie greeted him with a smile, although she was still disturbed by what she saw in Chaeyoung's room.

Kai fixed his plate and headed to the living room to claim the tv. Rosalie was pleased to see him leave, only because she wanted to further discuss what she'd witnessed. But Alice replaced his presence as she sauntered into the room. And she decided to stay in there to eat. They all sat around the table and made small talk. They were missing the presence of the girlfriends, but assumed they'd be joining them later.