New Talk

Maska left a few hours later with a full understanding of these weapons. He had asked about every single one he could see as Barbara explained each one with caution.

Apparently Barbara's father had been in the military so he'd show her all of them. She even confessed to knowing how to use them, only to then have promise to show Maska how to use them.

When he's older of course.

Maska was eager to get back to his family.

He'd deal with England later...

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Maska!"

Kanata was at the edge of the tribe's borders waving him down.

"Kanata!"

It felt good to hear his real name.

A few older members of the tribe rushed forward to him checking if any harm was done. They looked into his face, squishing his cheeks, rambling on how worried they all were.

Maska politely swatted away their reaching hands and confirmed he was fine. He was only gone for a few hours anyway.

Everyone was always anxious when Maska went off on his own. Especially when having to deal with the mysterious settlers. Who knows what else they'll bring over.

"I had Barbra explain the thunder sticks to me!" Maska proclaimed.

His mother nodded in approval. She trusted Barbra and knew that they knew of each other. What her children didn't know is that she has gone and met with the woman multiple times. They both shared the same maternal feelings for the young nation.

"She explained to me how the people use them and promised to teach me when I got older!" The last statement left some uncomfortable chuckles to rumble through the crowd and excited chatter from his siblings and other children.

"The sticks are only used for hunting. I couldn't talk to England since he was busy so maybe tomorrow. I want to talk to him about making sure they stay away from us." A few sighs of relief were released from hearing Maska.

"Alright." Native America nodded to him and placed a hand on his shoulder, "I suggest you wake up early so you can catch him before he goes off to work."

Maska liked the idea so he ran off to get to sleep.

~

"So she had known everything?" England turned to Alfred in disbelief talking about Barbra.

"Yeah, she was worried why I was gone so often." Alfred spoke to him, "She didn't pressure me into telling, but always expressed her support in whatever I was doing. I eventually gained enough trust to tell her." He shrugged.

"How did you four transfer from that life to one of a nation?" Ivan spoke his thoughts aloud, "it seems you wouldn't have wanted to."