Barbra

"How..." England began as he choked back a sob. His gaze was fixated on the floor again, arms tightening around his torso. After pausing for a couple seconds he looked back up with tears brimming in his eyes.

"How could we let this happen?"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

As everyone watched the three empires rush out of the room an awkward silence fell down upon the group.

Some were worried and wondering what had happened so the silence could've been comfortable.

China turned to North America, "So. We've seen all this magic stuff as you grow up but where were England, France and Spain?"

Some nodded and some eyes wide with realization. He was right. Where were they?

"You look old enough to have been already colonized." He finished.

Alfred nodded as well. To be honest, none of them actually knew.

Why hadn't their colonization life been shown yet? England, France and Spain, though North America hates to admit it, were a large part of their lives and their upbringing into personifications.

"I actually don't know..." Diego said out loud voicing his sibling's thoughts.

Mathieu put a hand to his chin, "Well there's got to be a reason why Mama didn't include them..."

"She never really liked the 'white man' that came to our land." Maria mentioned, chuckling to herself as she recreated her mother's accent, "she probably refused to add them-"

"She 'didn't like the white man'?" Germany blindly asked.

North America didn't even want to answer that. They only froze with their faces casted in a shadow. They glared at the German as if asking 'Do we have to explain?'

"I may have a theory-" Alfred began as he trailed off.

Everyone turned to him silently, as he hummed in thought filling the silence, awaiting his proposed theory.

"The whole point of why we're here and why Mama is doing this is to educate and reveal to the nations our actual lives. They obviously know most of our colonization lives but not our lives away from the world."

"So basically the book is only showing things from our perspective. I bet over time there will be some scenes when we were younger and being colonized." He finished throwing his ideas into the air.

"That does make sense." China seemed to be grabbing at these ideas in the silenced room.

Everyone nodded and murmured quiet agreements. After that, small talk emerged with the frequent topic of North America coming up amongst them.

It was only a few minutes of this peace when the main doors creaked open. Despite the room filled with chatter, the sound cut through it like a crack of lightning.

There stood the three empires with red eyes and tear stained cheeks. England looked the worst out of the two.

Hoping not to make anything worse no one said anything. They pretended to not notice anything.