How could we let this happen?

"Done for today?!" Pinga wore an expression of pity and amusement, "The night has just begun!" she gestured to the now setting sun, "we'll be working alllllllll night!" She happily informed emphasizing the 'l' in 'all' for dramatic effect.

The four siblings just sighed in disappointment.

This was going to be a long night-

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Let's go guys!" Masks signaled to his siblings.

The memory had skipped to the break of dawn and North America was currently facing off a wendigo much bigger than what they had begun with last night.

Maska hopped down from his hiding spot and threw fire at its face causing it to roar in anger. He shot an arrow tipped with ice magic at it's feet to keep it from moving and crushing them.

Mexico and Kanata snuck up from behind, taking advantage of the monster's immobilized state, and cut the tendons to its limbs leaving it defenseless.

Maria calmly walked up to it twirling a gleaming, silver weapon. She approached it with no fear and sliced the beast up finishing him off.

The whole battle sequence was only about thirty seconds.

The four siblings smiled at each other and exchanged high-fives in celebration.

Pinga, who had been spectating on a nearby tree pushed herself off of it and began to applaud, "You four have learned so much in one night! I'm extremely proud of you!" She praised.

She turned her attention to the sky observing the horizon in the distance, using her hand to shield her eyes from the waking sun, "Dawn is now upon us meaning your first night of training has concluded. We'll regroup with the others now."

Maria sighed, "I wanna take a nap!"

"Same here." Kanata sleepily replied trying to suppress a yawn.

~Lil time skippp~

"Welcome back!"  Their Mother ran to her children engulfing them into a bear hug.

The four only groggily nodded to her or yawned in response.

"Pinga really worked you to the bone didn't she?" The Ancient stifled a laugh seeing her children in such an adorable state. "I'm sure she'll let you take a brake right?" Native America gave a side glance to her cousin who pouted.

Pings crossed her arms, "Yes I'll give you guys a quick break. But if I'm being honest with you I was gonna take you to the cave systems and fight some Daqqanoenyents (flying heads)" she kept the last part to herself.

~•~

The memory concluded as the mystical curtain rose. Everyone took a couple seconds to adjust back to reality. A similar feeling to walking out of a theater after a three hour movie.