That Voice

The monthly all world meeting. This was a day no one was looking forward to.

Especially North America.

They were viewed as young, inexperienced, and outright annoying countries.

No one gave them the respect they deserved, even when the three countries occupying the continent are huge and looked at as a world superpowers.

"Ugh I just want to get this over with already!" North Mexico, or Diego, complained.

He and his siblings; America/Alfred, Canada/Mathieu, and his twin sister South Mexico/Maria were making their way down the building to attend the large meeting.

The meeting was being held in London, England and the four siblings had some serious jet lag. They've always had sleeping problems because their countries are so wide with many time zones, but being in another country was far worse.

Finally approaching the brilliant dark wooded doors, Canada took the lead and opened them. They opened revealing a large room which will soon house all the personified countries for 10-12 hours.

Even if they've arrived much earlier then they were supposed to, the room was already bustling with Nations talking amongst themselves.

Immediately finding familiar faces, America led the group to England and China.

"Hey dudes!" He greeted giving a wave with his signature smile. "Whatcha talkin' about?"

"Nothing you children would understand..." England scoffed.

"And what is that?" Diego crossed his arms challenging the Brit.

"Just simple things like maintaining our debts and budgets." China answered, "oh wait..." he glared right at America.

"It's not my fault my bosses are investing so much into our military! It's taking forever to convince anyone in my government to spend it wisely." He looked to the side, "anyways most of my government officials are corrupt. All they care about is money for themselves."

"Sure." England smugly squinted his eyes at America, crossing his arms, "continue making those excuses..." he turned his back to them, continuing the 'grown up' talk with China.

North America sighed knowing there was no way to convince the elder empires. They just made their own circle talking about their kids and old times together.

Even if they looked happy among each other they were secretly anxious. Every once in a while they would catch some country talking behind their backs. What those countries didn't know was that America understood all languages, so he was always quick to translate to his siblings in one of the Native American languages.

As if the other nations glares couldn't get any worse, Germany had finally decided that he should begin the meeting.

Everyone sat in their respective seats by continent.

"Before we start is there any sub-topic someone would like to begin with?" Germany asked looking around the table.

"Actually yes..." England stood up, making his presence known.

"I'd like to ask some questions if that's alright with everyone?"

Everyone silently nodded their heads, curious what the man will ask and to whom it will be directed at.

Seeing the majority of nations agree, "You may proceed..." Germany answered for them.

"I'd like to know what the bloody hell is going on in America's country!" England had gotten louder with each word he spoke. "It seems like he manages to mess up everything these days!"

Alfred was about to say something when Spain was quick to intervene.
"Who even decided that such a young country should have such power and influence over the world?!"

Murmures of agreement rippled through the room.

"Hey! Don't blame him for-" Canada stood in defense when France also intervened.

"That doesn't mean you three are any better." He pointed to Mathieu, Diego and Maria.

"Your people cant even get along!" He pointed to America and the Mexicos

This began to rial everyone up.

Why should such young nations be this powerful?

Why are they even in this meeting anyway?

They were way too young anyway.

Hardly three centuries of experience.

Canada looked at Germany with pleading eyes in hope that he can stop this. Germany was a very mature country. He should see some fault in the never ending insults almost every meeting? Right? Looking over to find he had also joined in with the others.

The four sat in silence while everyone was throwing insults of any kind.

They were just taking it all in.

It's not like they can do anything either.  Someone will find some excuse to shut them up and continue with their insults. This was normal anyway.

And honestly. They thought the insults were true.

The same words banged into their heads every meeting. Even outside of business.

Lazy.

Young.

Mistakes.

Disappointments.

Inexperienced.

Annoying.

The list only continues.

Now you'd expect at least someone would stand up to them, but alas, no one spoke up. No one wanted to.

The few countries who felt sorry for the four siblings, like Poland, Lithuania, Prussia, Denmark, Australia and Sealand didn't want to intervene in order to avoid the crossfire. It was to prevent the chaos turned onto them. The last thing any nation wants is to have their culture insulted.

"I can't believe I ever colonized you!"

"You're not my son!"

"You were never my family!"

Even their own family hated them. Despised them. Probably wished they never existed, but, once again... this was normal.

"That. Is.

ENOUGH!"

A powerful voice boomed commanding silence. No one knew where it came from.

Among the shocked nations was China who looked at the siblings. Confusion written on his face.

"And what's up with you four?" He sneered. This turned all attention back onto North America.

They had expressions of extreme shock. Some can even confirm a tear shed.

Maria had her hand clamped to her mouth.

"It... it cant be...." Canada choked out.

"That voice?" Diego whispered.

"Mama?" Alfred finally said.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Whoooo! First chapter!

I hope y'all like this book!

Thanks for reading!

_~•*LUCII OUT*•~_