*Johnnyboy*

So I thought about making a few chapters that kinda matches the actual book. They're in the church and Johnny's dealing with lil Pony. This chapter will be pretty long since its also including actual scenes from the book/movie.

*Ponyboys POV*

I woke up late in the afternoon. For a second I didn't know where I was. You know how it is, when you wake up in a strange place and wonder where in the world you are, until memory comes rushing over you like a wave.
I half convinced myself that i had dreamed everything that had happened the night before. I'm really home in bed, i thought. Its late and both Darry and Sodapop are up. Darry's cooking breakfast, and in a minute he and Soda will come in and drag me out of bed and wrestle me down and tickle me until i think i'll die if they don't stop. It's me and Soda's turn to do the dishes after we eat, and then we'll all go outside and play football. Johnny and Two-bit and I will get Darry on our side, since Johnny and I are so small and Darry's the best player. It'll go like the usual weekend morning. I tried telling myself that while I lay on the cold rock floor, wrapped up in Dally's Jacket and listening to the wind rushing through the trees' dry leaves outside...
Finally i quit pretending and pushed myself up. I was stiff and sore from sleeping on that hard floor and was borderline in and out of headspace. I kinda wish I brought my paci with me. I kinda wanted Soda too come in and hold me.

I pushed off Johnnys Jean jacket, which had somehow got thrown across me, and blinked, scratching my head. It was awful quiet, with just the sound of the wind in the trees. I started sucking my thumb, realizing Johnny wasn't there.

"J-Johnny?" I called out, and that old wooden church echoed me, oony oony... I looked around wildly, almost panic-striken, but then caught sight of some crooked lettering written in the dust of the floor.

"Went to get supplies. Be back soon. J.c."

~time skip haha~

I gave him Dally's Jacket to wrap up in, and he sat shivering in the sunlight on the back steps, leaning against the door, combing his hair back. I sat in the dirty touching and tugging at my hair a bit, no doubt with a huge pout on my lips. "I guess we're disguised." I leaned back next to him Sullenly. "I guess so."
"Oh, shoot." Johnny said with fake cheerfulness, "its just hair bub."
I gave him the meanest glare i could come up with. "Shoot nothing!" I snapped. "It took me a long time to get that hair just the way I wanted it! And besides, this just ain't us! Its like being in a Halloween costume we can't get out of."
"Well, we got to get used to it." Johnny said with finality. "We're in big trouble and its our looks or us." I started to eat a candy bar, feeling a trio mix of tired, hungry, and upset I just snapped at my bestfriend. "I'm still tired." I said, to my surprise, the ground blurred and I felt tears running down my cheeks. I brushed them away hurriedly. Johnny looked as miserable as I had felt.
"I'm sorry I cut your hair off, Ponyboy."
"Oh, it ain't that." I said, inbetween bites of chocolate. "I mean not all of it. I'm just a little spooky. I realky dont know whats the matter. I'm just mixed up."
"I know." Johnny said through chattering teeth as we went inside. I put my arm across his shoulders to warm him up.

We talked for a while before I made the mistake of bring up last night. "I didn't mean to." He blurted out, "but they were drownin' you, and i was so scared..." He went quiet for a minute and I felt my eyes tearing up again. Damnit. "There sure is alot of blood in people." He got up suddenly and began pacing back and forth, slapping his pockets.
Finally tears began to fall. "W-what are we gonna do?" It was getting dark outside and I was cold and lonesome. I closed my eyes and leaned my head back, but more tears came anyways. "This is all my fault." Johnny said in a miserable voice. He stopped his crying when i started mine. Hope he didn't think he upset me.

"For bringing a little thirteen-year-old kid along. You ought to go home. You can't get into any trouble. You didn't kill him." I wiped my eyes. "No!" I screamed at him again. "I'm fourteen! I've been fourteen for a month! And im in it as much as you are. I'll stop crying in a minute....I can't help it..." He slumped down beside me. "I didn't mean it like that, Ponyboy. Don't cry. Pony we'll be okay. Don't cry..."
I leaned against him and continued to bawl into his shirt. "Come on kid it's ok. I know it's tough and all but we'll make it through this. You can see your brothers soon and be a big happy family again and you'll get over me."
I shook my head roughly and barried my face into his chest like I did with Soda. Eventually I fell asleep.

*Johnnys POV*

I smiled softly and stroked Ponyboys blond hair. Man i never thought I'd say Pony and blond hair in the same sentence but here we are, huh? The poor lil kids probably missing his brothers bad, I miss daddy bad.
He fell asleep and I just continued to sit there, deciding to let him. I didn't wanna wake him and have him get all fussy on me or not be able to sleep right for a while, I did reposition his head on my shoulder instead of my chest though, hoping it would be more comfy for him. I tried falling asleep myself, failing.

Soon I felt the now awake boy squirm and let out a soft yawn. "J-Johnny?" He mumbled. "You awake?" He asked. "Yeah..." I said quietly as he moved his head from my shoulder and sat next to me. "You still small?" I asked. Turning my head to face him. "Yeah..." He said back and rubbed his eyes. Great. We are both tired.

"Hey...how about we try and sleep? I think it's kinda late. Probably past your bedtime." Pony pouted and layed down on the floor, I layed next to him. We both used our arms as pillows. "Night Ponyboy."

Pony whinned softly and closed his eyes. "Hmm...mister sandmans Comming for you tonight little one." He opened his eyes again and looked confused as I sprinkled some dust on the dirty floor on his jacket, simulating sand. "He helps you sleep you know?" Pony boy said nothing but mimicked me, sprinkling some dust on me and giving his famous smile.

I put my arm around his waist and kissed his forehead, like Soda would. "Sleep well kid."