Chapter 9

Right now I wish I could go back in time and think this through. I didn’t think it would be that bad. I wish I would have just locked myself in my room and read a book or something but no. Waffle Nazi told everyone I was making waffles for us. Then they had to practically drag me out to the car because we need some more chocolate chips. Then I sat, squished in the backseat of my car because apparently they thought I would drive them off a cliff for making me go to the store so Gabe is driving and Waffle Nazi is in the passenger seat while Tyler is laying in a comfortable position with his feet on my lap and I am pushed up against my door because Tyler is fairly tall. I think he is six foot. I don’t own a bus. I own a very small car that hates me because at the times I need it the most it won’t turn on. It is a hate – love relationship. I don’t think he enjoys the rainbow stickers on the trunk though, maybe if I took those off he would run better.

Then Tyler accidentally kicks my side when he gets out of the car and now. Right now I am in the most embarrassing situation ever. Tyler is pushing Gabe in a cart while Waffle Nazi is carrying me over his shoulder so I won’t run away. And yes, I have tried numerous times to run away but they all failed and I ended up getting in this position. That’s not the worst part. I notice Brittany and Chad, a guy I used to like last year, in the dairy section…she is giggling at something he said and he is grinning at her. Barf. They aren’t making out or doing it right there but just by the looks on their faces I know they want to. I am guessing the only reason why they aren’t sucking faces is because a tiny old lady is glaring at them with a look that says’ If your lips touch I am going to throw my apple at your face’, it is actually pretty funny because Chad looks a little taken aback at it.  I want to laugh at them but then I know they will take notice of my position and laugh at me. Hopefully, that tiny old lady will protect me with her glare.

We are currently walking towards the dairy section which is in the garden section. That’s where the little old lady is picking out some apples… probably for a homemade apple pie. That sounds really good. Although, I would rather her throw the apples at Brittany and Chad.

I kick on Waffle Nazi’s stomach and he sighs, “What do you want now?”

“Okay. I promise I won’t run away… just put me down.”

“And you won’t run away?”

“I Pinky promise.”

 “You pinky promise”, he laughs.

“Hey. Don’t make fun of pinky promises. They work and I happen to believe in them so if you will just put me-“

I was cut off by being lowered to the ground. When my feet touched the ground I sighed in relief, and straighten the wrinkles out of my shirt and bring my pinky towards him. He looks at it with raised eyebrows. I give him a look and he chuckles, but brings his pinky and interlocks it with mine. He is about to let go when I interrupt-

”You have to stamp it”, I then bring m thumb over and stamp my thumb with his. We don’t move our thumbs and I look at him and he is staring at me with a small smile playing at his lips.

“Sorry” he says.

I smile and say,” Well now you know how to do a proper pinky promise.”

He then smiles at me, a real genuine smile, and then says,” So you won’t run away?”

I roll my eyes and say,” Trust the power of the pinky and you will find out”

He laughs and I turn around and see Brittany glaring at me. Oh for the love of waffles. What did I ever do to her? I sigh and look away and follow Tyler and Gabe towards the milk, which happens to be where Brittany and Chad are.