Chapter 12

I look up at my ceiling and sigh. I still have the chills from what happened earlier today. After I got up Trevor and Hannah took me home. Trevor wouldn't stop apologizing  on the way towards my house. I don't blame him. He asked for my permission before he left. A sucky friend would just leave you behind without consulting  about it to you first.

"I cant believe I just left! I knew you aren't that good on a board. I should have stayed. I'm so sorry Pay", He would say.

I gave him a smile and said it was okay. I don't really mind. I can tell that Hannah also felt bad about leaving me behind, she ran up, hugged me and apologized.

You would think I would be mad or upset at them for leaving, but I'm not. I am more concerned about what happened out in the water.

I flipped on my side and snuggled up in my bed. I look at the closed door that enters my room and I stare at it. Suddenly I become scared. I am home alone, in my dark bedroom, let me remind you... alone. All alone. I hate being alone.

Its scary. Especially during the night.

Especially when you felt someone drown you. I sigh and close my eyes. I need to sleep. Looking at my door is only going to make me more paranoid then I already am.

It takes me what feels like an eternity to fall asleep...

***

A door closing a little bit to loudly wakes me up. My eyes widen and I look at my phone. Its four in the morning...

Tons of thoughts cloud my mind as I think about yesterday in the water. What if it is the same person, or what if it is just some person wanting to rob my house?

Should I call the cops? Should I tell someone about the hand? All of these thoughts distract me from the noise. It takes me a while before I get off of my bed. My room is dark, no hint of light in it. I should start sleeping with my lamp on. I open my door slowly and come to see a pitch dark hallway. I take a slow step out and I hear something. Its a low sound, almost like humming. More than one tune. I cant tell what it is just yet. I walk down next to the stairwell and I see a faint light is on downstairs. I don't remember turning a light on before I went to bed. I take slow steps down the stairway and I hear water running.

Do robbers make their victims water bill high or something? They don't seem like the best robbers in the world.

I reach the bottom floor and go through the living room and into the entrance of the kitchen. The light points out that they are wearing a black shirt, but you can see their naked neck in the faint light.

I don't know what to do. I am frozen. Maybe I should go back upstairs and just call the cops. Maybe I should have just done that in the first place...

I am one smart cookie. Watch me die now. The cops could have been here by now and arrested my intruder. I stop my thoughts to hear the noise they are making and then I notice they are mumbling something quietly to someone. Is there more than one?

I listen closer and I cant make out the words they are saying to one another, but I can tell one is angry. The sound in there voice is demanding and frightful. I hear someone hit there hand on the counter in frustration making me jump. I then hear the voices rise so I can understand them.

"Dude. I know, but stop making so much noise!" One whisper yells.

I pay attention to their voices and then realization hit me.  I looked at the wall right next to me and flicked the light switch. The kitchen lit up with light and I crossed my arms in exhaustion and frustration.