Chapter 2

(Payton)

This is the last day of my Sophmore year. Right now I'm sitting at lunch; my last period of the day... and then schools out.

I'm so excited! !! I have picked out the books I'm gonna read over the summer. I'm not a nerd...

I just like too read. A lot...

My friend Trevor is sitting with us today. He is on the football team so yes... he is a jock. I have known him since forever and I'm so happy he hasn't pushed me and Hannah to the curb. We all known each other for a long time but I have known Trevor the longest. When the bell rang I jumped out of my seat with a big smile on my face. Me and Hannah were having a sleep over tonight since my parents were out of town.

When Trevor got up I bear hugged him and I did the same too Hannah.

"School is over!!" I squealed.

"You might want too calm down." Trevor chuckled and I smiled brighter. I grabbed my camera out of my bag and when I saw a familiar figure pass by I yelled out his name,"Tyler!" he turned around and walked over too me.

"Yea?" he asked.

"Can you take a picture of us??"- I motioned my hands too Trevor, Hannah, and I. "Ou don't have too... I did run in too you didn't I?? I'm sorry that's a sucky thing too ask after I ran into you the other day."

He grinned and said,"Sure no problem." I smiled and rushed over too Hannah and Trevor. Trevor was in the middle and we were on his sides. "Okay. No goofing off. I have too have a good picture our last day as sophomores." I told Trevor. He grinned and I knew something was gonna happen.

"okay... three, two, one"

I felt someone poke my side and I started laughing.

I heard Tyler laugh at the photo and I grabbed it. I saw the photo and I glared at Trevor.

I looked like a laughing cow, he was grinning, and Hannah's hair was messed up from Trevor messing with it.

"This is so not funny. Why can't you just let me have a normal picture? ?" I asked Trevor.

He just laughed.

Before I know it the evil witch of the west walks up too us, "Aww you poor thing... It must be devastating too hang out with these weirdos. Come on. Lets go." Brittany said too Tyler.

"I'm pretty sure if it was devastating being around us he wouldn't be here. So can you please leave us alone??" I asked politely.

"I would give you a dirty look but it seems you already have one." She declared.

I look away and then I hear Hannah speak up , "You know... Brittany. You look really familiar. I think I saw you on tv before. "

Brittany put a smile on her face, her ego rising ,"Really?" She asked.

"Yea. I saw you on Animal Planet last night. " She stated.

I tried too hold in my laughs but when I heard Tyler's laugh I also laughed.

,"You think your funny don't you?? You just wait and see. Your nasty faces are gonna be ruined by the end of next year." She hissed.

I thought of something really smart,

"You know... Sometimes I want too slap you but then I remember that it would be animal abuse." This time I laughed without hesitation and I heard everyone laugh around me.The clicking of her heals fade away and I grinned.

"Where did you guys come up with that???" Trevor asked.

Hannah and myself started laughing while the guys looked at us weirdly,"We looked up some good comebacks on Google yesterday.

I could see Trevor grin and I just shrugged. We all heard a phone go off and Tyler pulled his phone out. He clicked something and he started talking...

"Sup..."

That's all I heard until I focused my direction towards Hannah. "Take a photo of me and Tyler???"

She took the Camera. Tyler was too busy on the phone so he didn't hear what I said. I walked over too him and his face turned in confusion. I walked up next too him and he stopped talking, "Smile." I tell him and I face the camera and Hannah takes the photo. I rush over too the camera and I see the photo. I was smiling and he was half smiling and talking on the phone. He looked hilarious. I laughed and so did Hannah.

Tyler was still on the phone but I know he heard us laughing cause he looked over here and raised his eyebrows.

I looked at the time on my phone and I showed Hannah. We hurried and put our bags on. I gave Trevor a short hug and a kiss on the cheek. Hannah did the same. When we passed Tyler I gave him a bright smile and wave. He gave it right back. We rushed too my car and threw are stuff in the back seat. "We have 20 minutes too get there, rent a movie, and get out." I tell her and she nods.

Are favorite DVD rental place is about too close in 20 minutes so we need too hurry it up. Five minutes later of spreading down the road I park and we both run out and in the shop.

We were the only customers in the building. "Grab any movie that looks presentable." I holler at her as I run too a random isle. I see horror movies and I pick one. I don't like horror movies at all, but every year Hanhah and I watch several different type of movies.  I grab two more movies and I see Hannah with a big stack. When I mean big stack I mean she could barley even see.

"Marco??" she asked

"I'm over here..." I state. She sighed in relief...

"Please take these... I have too pee."

I laugh but take all of the DVD's. I was right... you can barley see. It was heavy too. Oh goodness. I hear the store bell ring and laughter of guys. Oh no... I probably look like a weirdo.

I start walking in I assume towards the cash register when I trip over a DVD. I fly forward and the DVD'S make a crashing noise. Then I'm on the ground. Well... I'm on DVD cases. I groan in pain and  I hear footsteps.

"Woah... " I hear from a guy's voice and I look up. Four guys stand their watching me and not one comes too help me up.

I hear a door shut and the next thing I know two more guys walk up, but this time one looks familiar. Tyler.

He hurries toward me when I hear Hannah squeal. "Oh my gosh!!! Are you alright Pay??? I knew I shouldn't have grabbed all of those movies."

Tyler helps me up and I give him a smile "Are you alright?" he asks.

I shrug and say,"Its happened before."

I see Hannah grabbing the movies and I bend down and help her.

When we both have the same amount of movies we stand up. I look at all of the guys and only one catches my eye. I don't know who he is but he is but he is extremely hot. I look away and I can feel his stare on me. "Thanks for helping me up Ty" I say.  He smiles and nods. Hannah and I walk towards the register where this old man sits.

"Hey Pay, Hannah." He greets us. We come here so much he knows are name, but we also know his,"Hey Earl."

We have small talk until we pay.

"Bye Earl!" I say when I open the door out of the shop.