Chapter 20

(Austin's POV)

Rain and sweat are sticking to my body as I call out Pays name. Heavy rain is blocking my line of vision as I walk in the direction she ran in. 

I hear something and I stop walking. What is that?

I listen closely and I hear a scream of pain. Pay?! Is that her? I start running towards the sounds of screaming and I get close enough to hear her call out for help. I run even faster knowing someone has taken her. What have I done? I run faster, but the screams then stop. I slowly come to a stop and look in every direction, doing a three sixty. Where is she? My hands come to my head as it starts pounding. Come on Austin, stop standing here and do something!

I sigh and turn back towards the warehouse. I then full out sprint. I can't let anything happen to Pay. It would break me. I need to find her.

I start to see the warehouse in view and I trip over a rock making me fall forwards. I groan as I feel myself covered in mud. Just great.

I get up and quickly wipe the mud off of me. I then run inside the warehouse, doge walls, and find myself inside the living room. Everyone looks at me and they stand up in alarm.

"What happened?" Gabe asks.

I put my hands on my knees and try to catch my breath, " Its-"

"Tell us!!" Caroline demands.

"Shh! He is trying to explain!" Teddy tells everyone.

"... Its Pay," I croak.

Gabe's face pales and he starts pacing. Tyler puts his head in his hands and Caroline starts screaming in panic.

I look over at Teddy and he says, " Didn't you put a tracking device on her phone this morning?"

Oh sh.it. Great thinking Teddy. This morning when Caroline and Pay went upstairs I put a tracking device on her phone just in case anything happened.

I quickly spot my laptop and open it . I load the hard drive for Pays phone and we all wait as it starts narrowing down where she is.

When a red dot pops up only twenty miles away I almost sigh in relief. I look at the location on the map and notice its in one of the empty meadows.

" What is it? Did it stop working? Is she alright? Is the dead!?" Caroline panics.

Gabe gives her a cautious look and Teddy tries to calm her down.

"No- I don't know. She is in one of those meadows. We need to get going. Right now. Load up," I explain.

We have trained for situations similar to these where we have to hurry and get geared and I am happy we were prepared. I took less then five minutes to get everything and when I was making my way out the door my phone rang. Everyone stops and looks at me.

I look down at the number and its unknown.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Hello Austin," The voice is familiar. Blake.

"What the hell did you do to her?" I growl.

He laughs and says, " You are to late.  I already have her. See?"

His voice is then replaced by muffled screams. Pay?!

"You ba.stard! If you ever so lay the wrong hand on her I will kill you," I hiss.

He laughs in a evil manner and then says, "Watch what you say to me Austin. I can make your world go up in flames." I can feel my jaw clench. Fu.cking as.shole!